• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Repro Marchal lights

dalorzo_f

Took a closer look at the new repros. While very nice parts, some differences to OEM (which is not surprising)

Here is a link to Pete Disher's CoralSnake site with a pic of the OEM lights, I am assuming same as Shelby (kudos for Pete for his support and documentation for the hobby!)

http://www.thecoralsnake.com/FogLight

Here is a view of the repro, looks "good".

CIMG0550Medium.jpg

Lets look closer...

Upper left - cast 656 in glass, not on drawing

CIMG0551Medium.jpg

Upper right - cast IODE, not on orginal drawing

CIMG0555Medium.jpg

Lower left - SEV looks simialr, but no "Made in France" along lower edge

CIMG0553Medium.jpg

Lower right - similar Marchal script, but again no numbers on right side and different ones at bottom, as per original drawings.

CIMG0554Medium.jpg

And a look at the back and mount. I think the mount is a bit different, but am not sure...

CIMG0556Medium.jpg

So, while a very nice piece, some easily noted differences to OEM, which may be intentional to avoid scammers selling them as NOS.... and things only us insane folks would notice anyway! :icon_pani

nates68

Thanks for all the info on the repos 656. I think they will look good on my car for the price. I couldnt find any real ones to buy. My car was built in Feb 68 so it came with Marchals. Thanks again, Nates68

hookedtrout

Is there a link to the website for purchasing the repro's? Can you purchase just the lens?

OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

As noted, this was not meant as criticism of the parts, tehy are very nice parts and I will be using a set on the GH/EXP500 replica..

Have only seen the entire light sold, no parts.

nates68

Cory, Go to mustangs Unlimited .com look at their catalog they sell for $299 Thats a $100 less than NPD.They come with covers.

Nate

Sarge

That "post" swivels backwards, and is how it attaches to the mounting bracket in the grill. Just took my old pair (backups now) out of box to confirm.
Robert

Sarge

Good reproductions as far as I can tell. 656 in upper left hand corner does not concur with my original set, and my set has a bunch of letters on the right hand side edge of the glass which my old eyes can't make out (even with a flashlight and magnifying glass!!!) If I really needed to, I could take a Sharpie, and highlight what the numbers/letters are though. If someone REALLY needed it. uugh. entropy has set in. I'm gettin old. Gonna get me a "rascal" and put CS script on it!! mebbe some 10 spokes for wheels.

limelyt

I have a set of these and found that after you drive around a little they start to fall foward. Not anyway of tighten them. I have orginial Marchels that have broken lenes and bought these for there lens, as lenes are very hard to come by.

JohnnyQuest515

Funny, but nobody has said anything about Paul's new book, it clearly shows the Marchals in up close detail.

By the way anyone looking to buy a repop set, I have an extra.

Randy

nates68

Randy, now you tell me. lol just sent off for a pair,darn. How much for yours?

Nates68

OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

In looking at the pair I have the nut appers to clamp the "cup washer" (in photo) to the base. This appears to clamp the ball on the end of the threaded stud and limit travel?

Basically the same setup as on the Lucas lights as the mouning stud has to pivot and the tension on it from installing holds the head in place...???

nates68

Randy, where did you get your repos? Im in vegas today at a big car swap meet ,went to shelbys place in vegas lots of fun. (no gt/cs) in his collection.

Nates68

somethingspecial

Dont forget there is a tubular spacer approximately 1" long which goes between the pivot and the bevelled washer. This holds it out from the fog light bracket of the grille and the back of the fog light housing is held out from grille as well. This allows you to properly tighten the lights. I'll post some pics to illustrate as soon as I can get my camera back from my daughter.

somethingspecial

fog light spacer print

PDF attachment of spacer.

Attachments

• SPACER FOG LIGHT[1].pdf
    93.5 KB · Views: 64

nates68

Ok Mike, where the heck would i get those type spacers? Any help?

Thanks, nate

OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

NPD lists those? Part number?

I asked NPD if they had the mounting kit for the Marchal's when I bought 'em, brackets and washer, "no" was the reply?? Looked on line and in the catalog... did not see them...