• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Shelby question

Maine gt/cs

This has not to much to do with GT/CS's, but would like to know who made all of the fiberglass parts for the 1967 Shelby. I was told by someone selling a tail light panel on e-bay that there was 4 different suppliers. I think it is BS, but would like to know for sure. Thanks for any reply's.

Tim

dalorzo_f

Thought they were all done by AO Smith in Ionia. '67 had quality/production issues so that's one of the reasons Shelby moved produdtion to Michigan from LA in '68, closer to the source...

I vote BS.

OP
OP
Maine gt/cs

Maine gt/cs

A O Smith came into play late in September of 1967 I assume for the 1968 production year. From what I have read, A O Smith made Shelby fiberglass form 1968 through to 1970.

Ruppstang

For 1967 there were 3 or 4 small suppliers on the west cost. They had a hard time keeping up with the demand and had quality issues. AO Smith took over for 68 and had better quality control and could handle the volume better. Good thing as 68 was the largest production year.
Marty