• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

This Bad Boy is Now Legal

gt bandit

Hey crew ,

I finally pleased all the bureaucrats and Gestapo at my local DOT, so now i am Legal to get out and about an use this Bad Boy for what it is designed for FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grin:

A big thanks to the following people i have annoyed on this site in order to help me through this laborious process.

Bill - general specs and literature
Don - power steering
Steve - Electrical know how
Jason - for his CJ knowledge and advice
Randy - for the brochure
Tim - for the cool sweat shirt
Casey - for the cool plate frames and Not bidding initially
Cobranda - for the Ten spokes and lighting fast shipping (even though my wife doesnt like them)
Mustang Project - still waiting guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope it arrives soon

CS site for keeping me SANE during times of despair.

Look out fellow Road Warriors ---- I am now rolling :cool: :cool:

Attachments

• JULY 2006 075.jpg
    JULY 2006 075.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 47
  • JULY 2006 076.jpg
    JULY 2006 076.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 31

Mustanglvr

Thats great Shaun! I`m so happy for you. Take it slow first and then let her go!!!!!!

68gt390

Shaun;
Glad to hear your now legal to rip up the blacktop!!!!!!! :grin:

I like your plate, it says it all. Enjoy.

Don

Mustanger

To quote Carroll Shelby . . .
"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races."

... Shaun, you seem to have both, so go out and have some fun!!

CJ 56

HI Shaun, Congrats from NZ, I had the joy of a quick ride in 68 Shelby KR500 on Friday, Those things go, The owner uses it as a driver and it is set up to handle. The engine growl is amazing, so I can just asume what yours will go like.
Chris - NZ

still looking for one

Shaun,

You went through a hell of a lot to get things sorted, glad you can now really enjoy yourself. The car looks really ready to go hella fast! Enjoy it!

Jim

OP
OP
gt bandit

gt bandit

Where is the Washing Powder

Hey Crew

Just got back from my first cruise , we traveled around 180miles on a twisty country road just out of Perth.

when I hit the gas pedal whilst doing around 60mph , I could feel the Proverbial starting to quiver.
No i wont go into the Gory details , but i didn't realise the LONG Long legs this Stang really does have. Doing 60 means only 2 barrels are open , when she dumps the rest in HANG ON.

Oh and we don't have the pavement style Interstates you guys have, crappy little bitumen roads just wide enough to get 2 small cards side by side.

But i need to get the suspension reviewed because at 80mph it got a little wobbly. although with the Power steering , i thought it could have been a lot worse.

ANYONE THAT HAS TIPS ON HOW TO PREVENT THE WOBBLES -PLEASE POST

I didn't take to many pics , but here is a couple i like. The caddy gets a mention because to get that sucker around the streets would have been a feat worth publishing. -:tongue:
shaun

Attachments

• York July 2006 008v1.jpg
    York July 2006 008v1.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 29
  • York July 2006 013v1.jpg
    York July 2006 013v1.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 25

still looking for one

Before replacing suspension bits, be sure the tires are all properly balanced.
Then check idler arm, pittman arm, drag links, king pins, etc. Are the shock absorbers good?

Sounds like you really had some fun out there, I'm sorry the roads aren't up to the US interstates. But then, there are a lot less cars on them than in the states.

Like those '59 Cadillacs!!! What a representation of the '50's style. I'm certain Elvis Presley must have had one of them - he bought almost 200 Cadillacs for friends (and strangers) during his career.

P

PNewitt

Hey Shaun!

You might consider going "out back" to these places on a sunday drive with your bad boy...

http://www.madmaxmovies.com/making/madmax2/

....but of course, get a full tank of gas, and look out for bad bikers and those semi-trucks are road hogs!! Watch for feral children, too! They like to toss boomerangs!

LOL!

Paul.
(congrats!!)

Diesel Donna

PNewitt said:
....but of course, get a full tank of gas, and look out for bad bikers and those semi-trucks are road hogs!!

HEEEEEYYY!!! :mad:

Okay I want to know something. How come when men refer to cars, boats, planes..they call it a 'she' or 'her' . So what makes it suddenly a BAD BOY?

(oh, this is gonna be good!) hahahahahaaaaaaa!

~~~~Donna

OP
OP
gt bandit

gt bandit

Diesel Donna said:
HEEEEEYYY!!! :mad:

Okay I want to know something. How come when men refer to cars, boats, planes..they call it a 'she' or 'her' . So what makes it suddenly a BAD BOY?

(oh, this is gonna be good!) hahahahahaaaaaaa!

~~~~Donna

Okay Donna ,
here is the scoop - the car has a Skulls theme (window sticker, door locks etc) and it throbs pretty damn hard and loud (Big Cam, CJ motor and 3 inch exhaust all the way with Zero restriction mufflers).

at time of inspection it was discussed whether this vehicle could be referred to as female or male orgin the latter was preferred mainly due to the above because Cute it Ain't and Nasty it could be very very quickly.

then I remember some girlfriends like that to LOL!!!!!!!

Mosesatm

Here is how you tell a computer's gender. Maybe one of our more creative members could write something similar for cars.

A Spanish teacher was explaining to her class that in Spanish, unlike English, nouns are designated as either masculine or feminine.
''House'' for instance, is feminine: ''la casa.'' ''Pencil, ''however, is masculine: "el lapiz.''
A student asked, ''What gender is 'computer'?''
Instead of giving the answer, the teacher split the class into two groups, male and female, and asked them to decide for themselves whether "computer'' should be a masculine or a feminine noun. Each group was asked to give four reasons for its recommendation.
The men's group decided that ''computer'' should definitely be of the feminine gender (''la computer''), because:

1. No one but their creator understands their internal logic;
2. The native language they used to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else;
3. Even the smallest mistakes are stored in long-term memory for later retrieval; and
4. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending at least half your paycheck on accessories for it.

The women's group, however, concluded that computers should be Masculine (''el computer''), because:

1. In order to do anything with them, you have to turn them on;
2. They have a lot of data but still can't think for themselves;
3. They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time they ARE the problem; and
4. As soon as you commit to one, you realize that if you had waited a little longer, you could have gotten a better model.

The women won.

68gt390

Arlie;
I think you explained it pretty well. Plus, Shaun is correct also, with that 428 CJ it can become nasty very quick. :icon_ecst

Don :cool:

Diesel Donna

Thank you very much gentlemen! I am now clear about this. I have wondered about this for many years and I knew you were just the right he-men to ask!

Hmmmm, I always referred to my old El Camino as a "he". My ambulance is a she because it has skirts. CS has always been a girly girl but the other two......I don't know, I guess they are she's also.

TheBlkPearl

My 67 El Camino is a she ,"Ellie", I tend to name all of my vehicles. My CS is a he, the "Black Pearl" but I do refer to her as my baby - I'm suddenly so confused!!! I kind of like "Bad Girls".