• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

ADMIN Please confirm your email address

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Everyone, please confirm your email address is current by clicking here:
https://californiaspecial.com/forums/profile.php?do=editpassword

If your email is accurate, you don't need to do anything else. If your email is old, just type in your new email twice and click "Save Changes".

Screenshot 2022-08-07 101622.jpg

The reason for this is because I'm going to be upgrading the forum software soon and I want to be sure everyone has the smoothest transition possible.

When the new forum software comes online there's a possibility that your password may need to be reset. But in order to do that the forum needs to have an accurate email for you on file. Otherwise it will try to send your password reset to an old email and you won't be able to log in.

Mosesatm

Jon,
Will the new software allow us to update the on-line registry with the information in the official registry?

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sorry, no. The online registry is separate from the forum software.

speedy02

Jon, is there any way to pull that data out and allow a clean-up on those items? Also, it would be nice to lock the area down to only allow members of the site access to view it. It appears a guest could access the site and review the registry.

Mosesatm

Jon,
I’m willing to spend the gazillion hours uploading the data if we can figure out a way to do so.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Jon, is there any way to pull that data out and allow a clean-up on those items?
Yes. I would just need to know what to clean up.

Also, it would be nice to lock the area down to only allow members of the site access to view it. It appears a guest could access the site and review the registry.
Yes, guests can see limited info from the Registry entries, including owner name and state. But all other personal info is not made public.

That's the way it's been since the online Registry was created. Do people consider that a problem? I haven't heard that until now.

I don't think adding the Registry info from Paul Newitt's books is an option. There are copyright issues. Those same people are certainly free to add their cars, but adding the info that Paul gathered without his permission won't work.

Mosesatm

I have over 400 Marti reports that we can enter. We wouldn’t upload anything we haven’t updated. One of the registry columns is the year the data was added so we’d add everything after 2011.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Gotcha Arlie. That should be fine then.

I need to get the new forum software updated, then we can move on to updating the registry.