• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Bob Teets

DanTeets

My dad passed early yesterday morning in his home with his wife of 64 years and his famiy nearby. I am grateful that he knew I was holding his hand and that he is at peace. He loved these cars but what he loved even more were the people he met and created friendships with along the way. He was a people person first and a car guy second. Thank you from the Teets family for being his friend and filling his heart with joy.

IMG_0547.jpg

DadHCSRedRocks.jpg

Dad1970.jpg

DadCorvetteVegas.jpg

Bobsdad

So sorry for your loss.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ruppstang

Our prayers are with your family. I took over the HCS registry from Bob, he had the entire registry on 3x5 cards. I am amazed at how much work he put into it. I and so many of us in this GTCS HCS car family have benefited from his efforts.
RIP Bob

66hcs-conv

Dan & family,

We are very sorry for your loss.

Your dad was a good friend to both myself and my wife Carol.

We first met your dad 20 years ago at the Mustang show in Steamboat. He was always willing to help us with problems or questions about the high country Mustangs and an all around nice person.

Take care, Dave & Carol Spry

rvrtrash

My condolences on your loss. I wish I'd had the opportunity to meet him.

Steve

Ricky Knapik

So sorry for the loss of your dad! I had the good fortune to meet him once in Lincoln at the MCA show. First Mike, and now Bob :cry: What a loss to the GT/CS community! May they both RIP and cruise together!

stangfan

I was able to purchase, what I believe, was the last set of Lucas light pedestals from Bob shortly after I bought my GT/CS in 2012.

RTP Bob.

franklinair

R.I.P. old friend, and warmest regards for Bob's family.
I last saw Bob at our gathering in Lincoln, and his illness was obvious at that time.
My best memories were of previous meetings out west.
I had the pleasure of riding with Bob in his 428 HCS on the LA freeways.
Of course, we two old codgers got lost, but what a hoot. Mike Jewell was there, too.
Good memories of good friends.

Neil

CougarCJ

R.I.P. old friend, and warmest regards for Bob's family.
I last saw Bob at our gathering in Lincoln, and his illness was obvious at that time.
My best memories were of previous meetings out west.
I had the pleasure of riding with Bob in his 428 HCS on the LA freeways.
Of course, we two old codgers got lost, but what a hoot. Mike Jewell was there, too.
Good memories of good friends.

Neil

Galpin Ford! I was there too. Seems like so long ago.
Had a great time meeting everyone, and hanging out. Neil, I remember you guys got off of the freeway in sketchy area of Los Angeles, to ask directions. We were all worried about you and Bob, you guys were way late arriving.

cmacias24

Sorry for your loss, Dan. May he Rest In Peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1968Cally

Condolences to you and your family. While I never met your dad, I have heard so many positive things about him over the years.

robert campbell

Bob actually visited me in Bremerton one time! What a great guy and you could feel the "people person" part of him after just a short conversation. He will be missed by all of us!

Rob

OP
OP
D

DanTeets

Bob actually visited me in Bremerton one time! What a great guy and you could feel the "people person" part of him after just a short conversation. He will be missed by all of us!

Rob

Hi Rob- I lived in the Seattle area for a few years so that may have been when he came up to visit my family and a long time friend of his. He was born in Bremerton as I’m sure he told you and would have moved up there if my mom would have agreed. The last few years he kept asking me to take him back there. I said I would but he wouldn’t fly and his health just wouldn’t allow driving. I’m going to take him back in his Cal Special this summer.

Tequila

Dan,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and family.

I remember talking to Bob to order my fog light pedestals and I accidentally gave my old zip code so the post office returned them. Bob was so kind enough to mail it to me again and did not charge me for shipping the 2nd time, despite my offer to pay for it. I will never forget that. Bob will be missed.

Reggi

robert campbell

Hi Rob- I lived in the Seattle area for a few years so that may have been when he came up to visit my family and a long time friend of his. He was born in Bremerton as I’m sure he told you and would have moved up there if my mom would have agreed. The last few years he kept asking me to take him back there. I said I would but he wouldn’t fly and his health just wouldn’t allow driving. I’m going to take him back in his Cal Special this summer.

Dan,
Let me know when you plan to be in B-town! We will tip a beer (or alot more) in his honor!

Rob

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Dan, I'm so sorry to hear this. My family's thoughts are with you and your family.

Bob will absolutely be missed by so many of us. He was so instrumental in researching, documenting and just generally keeping the HCS history alive. I remember first talking to him 2+ decades ago when I contemplated starting this site and forums. He was so supportive with both info and encouragement.

Everyone in this hobby certainly owes Bob a huge thanks for his passion and perseverance that we've all benefited from.

OP
OP
D

DanTeets

For those of you local folks. Thank you.

Attachments

• AFC7FDBF-CB1A-443D-9D36-5BF40C9C0241.jpg
    AFC7FDBF-CB1A-443D-9D36-5BF40C9C0241.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 56