• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale Red HCS in Spokane Area

Mosesatm

I'll take a look at this car on July 8th.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2657563988...AAOSw0wRiupaL&LH_ItemCondition=3000|1000|2500

Seller's Comments
True gt/cs. In family since the early 80s. Very solid car that has been painted once in the early 80s. Paints a good paint just old and has some scratches from sitting in the one car garage/ laundry room for over 30 yrs car is very straight with a 2 small dings on p/s rear quarter. . I got it about a yr ago and cleaned up carb and fuil filters. It fires up and runs great. I have only driven it about a dozen times. The interior is just perfect. Everything seams to work. Doors open and close very nice unlike most. The glass is all good. Windows all roll up and down smooth. Body lines are very nice.the engine I believe is a 4 brl 302 that was gone through. I was told it wasn’t original and had a 289 originally ( the owner passed about 25yrs ago he was my moms uncle) the son my second Cuzin sold it to me and I’m going to regret selling this car as it’s very rare and Unique. But times are tuff for me at moment and planning on moving out of wa state soooon. I’ll get more pics and videos to anyone that’s 100% interested in this car. Hit me up. Make offers. I’m not desperate I just want close to market value. Please do your own home work. I believe there was 4000 of these and only 17 candy apple red. And I know for sure most are not in this shape. Might be shinier but this you can see what’s under the shine. I’m shooting for $35k on this or best offer

Attachments

• s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 73
  • s-l1600 (16).jpg
    s-l1600 (16).jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 53
  • s-l1600 (7).jpg
    s-l1600 (7).jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 62
  • s-l1600 (22).jpg
    s-l1600 (22).jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 47
  • s-l1600 (14).jpg
    s-l1600 (14).jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 55
  • s-l1600 (13).jpg
    s-l1600 (13).jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 67
  • s-l1600 (6).jpg
    s-l1600 (6).jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

stangfan

The bad spelling and poor grammar made my brain hurt...:rolleyes: Only 17 Candy Apple Red...? He needs to do his own homework.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Here's the Marti Report

Attachments

• 8R01C171874 Marti Report.jpg
    8R01C171874 Marti Report.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 70

rvrtrash

So it's actually a High Country Special. The wrong grill catches my eye every time I look at this.

rvrtrash

I could do that, since it seems to be halfway between each of us. Email me and let my know when you'll be there.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

I contacted the seller and he said any time is fine, so whatever works best for you.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

The car has very little rust. Both door front corners are rusted and there is a pinhole on the bottom of the driver quarter well. Steve also found some behind the driver door and on the bottom of the driver door.
The passenger quarter panel was replaced, and the driver quarter seems to contains some filler behind the door (magnet wouldn't stick at all).

We didn't drive the car but it started right up and it is a little lopey. The engine does not have a VIN stamped on the flat spot behind the intake. The seller thinks it is a 302. If the engine was replaced with a service block it may be a 289 with a 302 block.

I did notice that the front springs were shortened by heating them.

Steve and I both agree that the hidden damage on the driver quarter could open up a huge can of worms.

I think $30K definitely way too high.

I can post photos if anyone is interested.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

After reviewing the photos there are a few more issues.
- The paint has many chips and scratches
- The passenger quarter is dented and scratched
- The scoops are open
- The tie rods don't have zerks so they may be original
- The grill and foglights were changed out because the previous owner didn't like the GT/CS look. The seller has the original lower trim panels but nothing else.
- Everything in the trunk is painted red

Here are a few photos

Attachments

• Driver Door.jpg
    Driver Door.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Passenger Door.jpg
    Passenger Door.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Passenger Quarter.jpg
    Passenger Quarter.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Scoop and Quarter.jpg
    Scoop and Quarter.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

rvrtrash

There was some corrosion in the normal place on top of the front aprons. If I recall, the drivers quarter had some bondo cracking above and just behind the scoop. It looked like that area was hit and they got carried away with the bondo application. The trunk lid sat level with the extensions, so has probably been massaged at some point. Emblems were completely wrong location of course, and the holes would have to be filled and touched up if putting the HCS decals back on. Really not a bad driver quality car, but overpriced with the issues it has.

Rambro

Thank you for the detailed response! Very much appreciated ���� I own a 67 high country special and was thinking I needed another one �� ��