• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale Another Nice One

classicsguy

Have seen S-codes cheaper than this one ;although it looks nice

Last edited:

franklinair

I've seen Concourse level GT/CS's that sell in the $60K range. This advertised one doesn't approach that level. JMHO.

Neil

OP
OP
1968Cally

1968Cally

I've seen Concourse level GT/CS's that sell in the $60K range. This advertised one doesn't approach that level. JMHO.

Neil
Agree. You would have to see it in person to really make an assessment. The header of the ad indicates good condition. But the first sentence of the description indicates "immaculate." Interior described as "nice." No detailed pics of the interior. None of the underside.

If I lived in the Atlanta area, I would go see it out of curiosity.

Mosesatm

Attachments

• 8R01C149859.pdf
    71.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 1597ee.jpg
    1597ee.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 95
OP
OP
1968Cally

1968Cally

Here's a link to the seller's page. https://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/ATL/1597/1968-Ford-Mustang-GT-CS

Also attached are the Marti Report and a photo of a major boo boo. Any why are they too lazy to wash off the mud splatter?
Thanks for the link which has more pics than the Hemmings ad which says to me, the car is not immaculate. Interior looks a little tired in places i.e gauges, wires hanging down and chips on the console insert. Also, for that money, the car should be bone stock right down to the hardware. Not a true GT although it has the gas cap and hubcap GT moniker. It came as 2V but now has a 4V aftermarket (Holly?) carb.

What is the major boo boo in the picture?

I don't mean to knock the car at all. It is really, really great. Just measuring it against the fairly ridiculous asking price.

Ricky Knapik

Glad someone else noticed the crooked stripe. Thought my eyes were getting worse! That price is a Gateway price! They're high on everything. I hope they get it, then mine is worth at least that!

OP
OP
1968Cally

1968Cally

Maybe the value of our cars have sky-rocketed and we just have not been paying attention. :grin:

Edward Bodoh

Hilarious.
Something Special sets the bar amongst others on value in my opinion. And Mike's car didn't get that much.

Then again my X code should get 50k based on that.
Oh boy.

OP
OP
1968Cally

1968Cally

Interesting VIN number in the write-up. Just a brain cramp or a state assigned VIN? Don't think you could get a Marti with that number. :grin:

Mosesatm

Sold for $47,000, or $51,700 from the buyer and $42,300 to the seller.