• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Apple car play or android for your 68 GT/CS

jamoaus

So I've been searching for a solution to get apple car play (yes - I've been spoiled by new cars) and while some will hate on it for not being original, I enjoy the convenience of a screen for my apple maps, google maps etc as well as Spotify etc.

I devised an affordable solution which included a wireless apple car play unit that hooks directly up to my retro sound head unit. The solution doesn't require any modification or cutting or drilling- you can actually mount it anywhere.. but I decided to mount mine in the box in my centre console.

I haven't documented the whole solution - I'll try and get to it in a future post but if you want to, PM me, I'll walk you through it. It's a simple install, connects to either apple or android phone seamlessly and only taps into your ignition wire and ground.

Here are some images:

ffde3bb9c1e9a98ed3098d27973524c7.jpg

33b033e3ef64dc4cba7a7c8ac3c941ed.jpg

85f8104c1462059a9ff05ddfa4d1cbc9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk