• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 New acquisition

franklinair

I just bought this GT/CS on E-Bay.
I haven't decided whether to restore it
or give it to my son-in-law.

Neil

Attachments

• EBAY GTCS.jpg
    EBAY GTCS.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 51
  • EBAY GTCS3.jpg
    EBAY GTCS3.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 56
  • EBAY GTCS2.jpg
    EBAY GTCS2.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 53

CougarCJ

You could do both.

Post up the Marti when you have a chance.

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Picked up the GT/CS today in Salisbury, NC. Better than I expected: 70,000 miles (original), all good original body panels, including the grill. Frame & torque boxes all A-OK. MANY new parts: Try-Y headers, exhaust system, gas tank, bumpers, 4 chrome SS wheels.
Console, dashpad, headliner are all perfect originals. We filled the car & my SUV with all the parts.
I'm a happy camper.

Neil

Attachments

• CS1.jpg
    CS1.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 43
  • CS2.jpg
    CS2.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 40
  • CS3.jpg
    CS3.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 41
  • CS4.jpg
    CS4.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 41
  • CS6.jpg
    CS6.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 45
  • CS7.jpg
    CS7.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 42

Mosesatm

You stole that one!
Was the guy a little nicer in person?

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

When we picked up the car and met the seller, it was a good experience. Turns out he restores F-150's (definitely a Ford guy). He's a retired trucker and acquired the CS through a friend of the original owner. She hadn't driven the car in years and it was stored in a garage for 20+ years. (Hence the original 77,000 miles on the car.)
He started to restore the CS but decided it wasn't what he wanted to do. Most of the removable parts were off the car, plus it included a myriad of new parts he had acquired. We had a nice visit and headed home.
Thanks to Arlie Moses & Mike Adams for their help in acquiring the Marti Report.

Neil