• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Windshield & Back Glass

Tequila

Hello,
I am looking for new Carlite logo windshield and back glass. I saw an old posting from Neil asking for sources but unfortunately, Mustangs Unlimited where he ended up buying the windshield is no longer in business. Not sure about PS Auto Glass in Janesville WI... They did not come up in my Google search.

My car is an AC car so I am assuming I would need the tinted ones. NPD shows 2 Carlite Windshields on their website - One very pricey (white Carlite script) and the other one more reasonable (Carlite Black block logo) . Not sure if there are any other differences than the style of the Logo.

Does anyone have a recent experience buying a new windshield and rear glass? Any recommendations? Do they make the rear ones with the CarLite logo?

Thank you.

Ruppstang

ECS in St Louis has the best reproduction They use the original white Carlite logo and will also add your original date code. They have all of the glass in the car available. Their prices are not too bad but the shipping gets expensive.

OP
OP
T

Tequila

Thank you. I called ECS and very friendly folks. Currently in the process of ordering the glass.

Ricky Knapik

ECS does great work. I bought 2 sides and a rear windshield from them. Very pleased!