• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Emblems

Tequila

Hello,

Unfortunately part of my NOS "California Special" emblem broke off in the box and I remember some old posts here talking about the differences in the script style (raised edge?) between the original emblems vs. reproduction.

I noticed on the NPD site that they state their emblem is made from the Ford original tooling. Does that mean the reproduction ones should now closely match the original or are they still different? I have an NOS emblem for one of the sides. I don't want to install mismatched sets, hence the question.

Also, anyone ran into any issues installing reproduction Mustang Emblems on to the original fenders & Trunk lid? Trying to figure out if I should get the NOS ones listed on ebay or if I should go with the reproduction ones.

Thank you.