• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Red GT/CS Sold for $18K

Mosesatm

This red GT/CS in Seattle sold for $17,999. Nothing special (no pun intended) about it. Standard 289, 2V, C4, no options, other than '67 deluxe door panels.

I may be all wet on the following theory but I wonder why this this slightly modified , nice looking, GT/CS sold for $18K on eBay while more original examples don't break $16,000? Could it be that right now, in the current market, what the majority of Mustang buyers are looking for are sharp looking cars instead of originality. Better than original may be better.

CalPaul

Arlie, this is an interesting point. Perhaps buyers are looking for cars that have modern enhancements: steering; suspension; brakes etc. that give a car a better/safer drive. Or this sale in Seattle could be an anomoly of sorts. Hard to know without having several data points to look at.

390cs68rcode

I think we need a section of the forum for prices realized for cars being sold. Other sites do this and it really helps to organize things.

68gt390

Myself, I hope they (small block) cars keep selling for that. Slightly modified or not it just keeps making my Big Block car look that much better. Not that it's going to be for sale anytime soon. ;D

Don

19HCS68

If someone offered me $18,000 for my HCS, I think there would be an empty spot in the garage. :'( It would be a tough choice for sure.

Gary

68Fan

The seller was actually here in Sac (CA) but he hired a broker who is in Seattle. I spoke with the seller a couple times and wanted to check out the car. By the time we agreed on a time (weekend) the car was sold (Thurs prior). He said he had 2 other GT/CS in his garage and if you check out the pics you can see them. One is Maroon and the other Blue. As of yet, he is not interested in selling the other 2.