• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Found on ebay....this was the 4x4 CS in the registry

68sunlitgold

This car is owned by Sal Gutierrez, I looked at it when I was looking for another CS. If you look in the 96 registry it is on page 86 at the bottom middle. It was once a 4x4 conversion by the previous owner. Sal was in the process of restoring it back to original CS condition. It looks like he has put no reserve on the auction and started it at $800. I see in his description that he is only selling the shell along with the fiberglass parts but I know he does have alot of the other conponents, fenders, interior, hood, etc (or at least he did at one time) I have attached a picture that he sent me. I think this would make an excellent project!! :)

Doug

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2400504770&category=6236

Attachments

• Jul28_02.jpg
    Jul28_02.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 104

admin

Staff member
Administrator
4x4 as in 4 wheel drive for the snow (example), or 4x4 as in set on a truck body and jacked way up on the air with 35" tires? :eek:

Just curious. I've seen some 'stangs on truck frames with big tires and it's always a morbid curiosity thing. It hurts my eyes to look, but I can't help it! :p

OP
OP
68sunlitgold

68sunlitgold

Jon,
as in put on a truck chasis, if you have the 96 registry there is a picture of it...I am at work right now so when I get home I will scan in a picture of it when it was 3 feet off the ground. :eek:
Doug

OP
OP
68sunlitgold

68sunlitgold

For those of you who do not have access to the registry, here is a picture of the car when it was a 4x4.
Doug
Sorry for the quality of the picture but is was very small.

Attachments

• 4x4gt-cs.jpg
    4x4gt-cs.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 23

rjw

...morbid curiousity thing...I'm with you! Did the rope ladder extend out when the door was opened?

x-codegtcs

If anyone wants photos, let me know, Sal is a friend and about 5 miles away. He has lost interest in the project and just trying to get what he can out of it. He does still have all the parts to complete the car, less the trans and motor (j code). He has come down in price since I was shopping it before I bought my X-code recently. It was really a site when it was on the Bronco frame though. He has been pretty meticulous about the frame re-attatchment and rebuilding the front end. However, the new rubber components are already dry rotting and should be replaced during the restoration. As far as rust goes, it is VERY clean. One rear quarter was hit before Sal picked it up and the quarter is showing some rust. Other than that, it is super clean (I guess not low enough to the ground to get wet ;D)

OP
OP
68sunlitgold

68sunlitgold

Can you beleive $937 for a very good platform, someone got an awesome deal!!! :eek:
Doug

StraightSix

Yeah, it was weird -- there were two bids up until today, raising the price to around $830. Then, they both retracted this afternoon sometime! There was a flurry of activity at the end (as with any auction), with 11 bids amongst 4 bidders in the last 2 1/2 hours. Neither of the people who had the original bids bid again, but one of the very active bidders has zero feedback. Their profile says that they have been a member of eBay since last March, but they have NO feedback. Nothing. And they're bidding on a car? Ah, eBay is a strange animal.

But anyway, whomever got the car should be quite happy. Hopefully they will check this site out.

-Winston

x-codegtcs

Hey guys, I have a confession to make...I got the car. I watched it closely and when it never peaked over $1000 I made a bid. (My poor wife ;D). Well that is Cal #2 at our house now. I will let you all know how it goes and what I find out from Kevin Marti.

Only bad deal is the car has a modified title.

StraightSix

:D Lucky! So, are you planning on doing a correct restoration or a restomod? I know you're not using it just for parts...

-Winston

OP
OP
68sunlitgold

68sunlitgold

x-codegtcs,
Like you know Sal does have the other parts, so you can probably get the additional parts. Like you if I was not looking at another CS (hidden away in the cold country) I would have seriously bid on this one. I too believe you got a great deal! Keep us informed on the progress!
Doug

StraightSix

Doug,

Would this other CS happen to also be Sunlit Gold? Or have you found another color worth collecting? ;)

-Winston

OP
OP
68sunlitgold

68sunlitgold

Winston,
This one, beleive it or not, is not Sunlitgold, but I can live with it. ;D
Doug

x-codegtcs

This cal is going to get the correct restoration. I am a purist 8) I am going to do a Marti on it as it has the front disc brakes, I am wondering if it may be a GT GT/CS. No one really seems to know since it was modified and lifted on the Bronco frame.

Anyway, a very clean platform since it has been in storage for over 20 years.

Bryce

OP
OP
68sunlitgold

68sunlitgold

Bryce,
do you plan to buy the parts that Sal has or at least had a year ago?
Doug

I'm really glad you are going to take it back to original. I'm a purist too and I think you will enjoy the restoration more taking it "back" the way it came off the line. I have some information about paint inspector markings if you are interested. Good luck, Russ

x-codegtcs

[quote author=68sunlitgold link=board=3;threadid=179;start=0#839 date=1043773808]
Bryce,
do you plan to buy the parts that Sal has or at least had a year ago?
Doug
[/quote]

I will probably buy a lot of them, depends on what I have and he has and how much they cost. I know he is selling MOST of his collection on Ebay though.