• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale GT/CS Tribute (Sort of) Convertible

Mosesatm

Attachments

• $_57 (5).jpg
    $_57 (5).jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 47
  • $_57 (14).jpg
    $_57 (14).jpg
    54 KB · Views: 55
  • $_57 (26).jpg
    $_57 (26).jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 57
  • $_57 (28).jpg
    $_57 (28).jpg
    77 KB · Views: 52
  • $_57 (31).jpg
    $_57 (31).jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 58

admin

Staff member
Administrator
What does that side scoop say? GT/DP? As in "drop top"?

I always like when these pop up. With unlimited funds I'd definitely make one. The fact that a special edition car made specifically for California wasn't available as a convertible has always seemed like a missed opportunity to me.

It's unfortunate the seller is not up front about it being a clone and not a true GT/CS. (unless it actually is and they chopped off the top!!!)

speedy02

What does that side scoop say? GT/DP? As in "drop top"?

I always like when these pop up. With unlimited funds I'd definitely make one. The fact that a special edition car made specifically for California wasn't available as a convertible has always seemed like a missed opportunity to me.

It's unfortunate the seller is not up front about it being a clone and not a true GT/CS. (unless it actually is and they chopped off the top!!!)
Jon, You bring up a good point. If Shelby didn't offer a convertible in 68 I think the GT/CS would have been built as a convertible makes more sense being in California. However, Since Shelby did fill that gap they had no choice but to produce it as a coupe. I think I read somewhere that Shelby wanted all three Coupe, Fastback, and Convertible offered in 67 but production issues caused that to be pushed to 68. Once pushed to 68 Ford took the Shelby line to Dearborn and again the coupe was taken off the offering list.

rvrtrash

Shelby probably wanted a street version of his Terlingua racing coupes.