• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Metal flange that goes from hood lock pin to grille

classicsguy

I believe that this is the part that is not being reproduced yet and has been discussed in this forum before.
Does anyone has one not installed so that I can send it to my metal fabricator to see if he can fabricate this part for me?
Any help will be appreciated!

gazrox

Try Delta Bay Mustang - he is making the hood pin brackets that it connects to. The last time I talked to them, they were considering making those connecting brackets to the grille.

green56

metal flange

i thought that the club had the blue prints on them brackets

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

Dalorzo those are the hood lock brackets ...there is a metal flange that goes from that part to the grille and thats what I need. Thanks for posting!

dalorzo_f

Ok, wasn't sure from the description. I would assume that is standard Mustang then and not really related to the CS specifically...

NPD lists part 16A1742-A, Brackets Radiator Support Bumper which the above mounts to. Again unclear to me from your description, but maybe what you are looking for??

16a714-2a.jpg

Mosesatm

Is this what you're looking for?

Attachments

• Tab.jpg
    Tab.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 27
OP
OP
C

classicsguy

Yes Arlie that's what I am looking for....wonder what would be the part's correct name?

nates68

Thats the one i also need,only have one on one side.Can we get these ?
thanks, Nates68

Mosesatm

As far as I know those parts are not sold without the grille.
You'll probably need to either buy a new grille and drill out the pop rivets to remove the tabs, or find a busted up used grille and remove them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

classicsguy

Since I have no GT/CS grille I will try to get an NOS 1967 Grille but Forum member SOMETHINGSPECIAL is making the grilles so I will ask him to do mine when time comes.
Thanks Arlie

Maybe a good metal fabrication shop can make them if they have an an original to copy it...

somethingspecial

I checked my dead grilles and unfortunately none of them have the tabs anymore. Let me know when you are ready. Mike