• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

VOMA car show

1968cal

We had a good turnout at the 32nd annual VOMA / NOR CAL Shelby Club car show, at De Anza Collage, Cupertino, Ca. There was 4 Cal. Specials and 1 High Country Special. Very hot day about 101 in the shade. The Gold Cal. got 1st place, the Red Cal. got 2nd and my Dark Green got 3rd. Very fun day hopefully we can keep this as a permanent class at this show. Next year we should have double the cars. Steve.:smile:

Attachments

• HPIM0428 (Small).JPG
    HPIM0428 (Small).JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 42
  • HPIM0426 (Small).JPG
    HPIM0426 (Small).JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 50
  • HPIM0429 (Small).JPG
    HPIM0429 (Small).JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 46
  • HPIM0427 (Small).JPG
    HPIM0427 (Small).JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 35
  • HPIM0425 (Small).JPG
    HPIM0425 (Small).JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 43
  • HPIM0424 (Small).JPG
    HPIM0424 (Small).JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 40

cnassif

Congratulations and nice to see the GT/CS represented. Speaking of car shows, where do you find a list of criteria for judging? How were the cars evaluated? What do you think separated the Gold and Red ones from yours (besides color)?

OP
OP
1968cal

1968cal

Car Show

This was a "PEER" judging show only. So only owners entered in the show were eligible to vote. The only problem I have with that format is that it is hard for everyone to know everything about every car entered. It is very hard for some poeple to pickout a CLONE? I know my car is not factory stock w / all the comfort addition I have added. The gentlemen that owned the GOLD Cal. did not even know about the website. His perents have owned that car for 27 years, and he just finished the restoration a few months ago. But I thing poeple just liked the colors or wheels or paint when it comes to "PEER" judging. Steve