• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Welcoming myself to the site

Guyman

Welcoming myself to the Site., Hi every body!....Use to be here a few years ago., I ran the 1968 GT 390 Mustang World Registry, was one of the first registries in the early 90s. Someone skipped my domain name, so the registry died back in 2000.

Going to pick up a 68 HCS this weekend. 289/2V. Manual brakes.

I also have in my corral already:
- '68 GT/CS, Candy Apple, Standard interior, 289/2V, P/S, Console
- (2) '68 J code GT coupes, (Sequential vin #s, #59 and #60...Identical cars)
- '68 GT 390 Convertible, 4spd, 90 DSO (European export)
- '70 Boss 302, Calypso Coral
- '70 Fasback - Building a touring car, about painted
- '64 Falcon Convertible 260, 4 spd
- '62 Falcon Squire Woodie Wagon, (Beach Cruiser)..RARE car
- '92 GT convertible

OK., I think that is about it...keeps me busy! Looking forward to chatting about the High Country Specials...and of course the GT/CS cars., have owned four of them to date...the newest is getting a "driver" grade restore for now until I can get some of my others completed. Love The Specials!

68 special

Welcome to the site. Thats quite a stable you have. Would love to see some pics when you get a chance.

Bret

dalorzo_f

Guy! Welcome to the site. Looking at my copy of your 2002 68 390GT registry right now!

I'm a "C coder" here as well. Still have the 68 S convertible in the registry #312, back then it was "going in for restoration..." now its done! Now have a 68 S GT coupe as well, 'almost" done...

Ruppstang

Welcome back! Tell us more about the HCS? Where did you find it? We have a garage feature here now, I would like to see your cars. I am restoring a C code HCS as well. Marty

Midnight Special

...Welcome indeed! About an hour from you is another dozen +1 Mustangs that love to be driven. One HCS, two S-code, a 'J' and three 'C' GT/CSs, plus assorted Machs & clones...>

Add a few friends including our current registrar and I think there's nearly 20 or so CS-options practically in your back yard! 'Could make for some nice gatherings down the road if that's your "thing"...

hicountrybob

Welcome Guy! I remember your old site. Always liked the design. 1968gt390mustang.com right?

http://web.archive.org/web/20030221090116/http://www.1968gt390mustang.com/myhtml/home.html

Always good to get another HCS owner on the forums. Is your new HCS already in Bob Teets' registry?

And as Marty said, check out the Garage feature. You'll be able to kill hours entering all those cars!

Yes, flip me some numbers and we'll see if I have a history of your HCS for you. Bob Teets here. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
G

Guyman

Thanks for all the welcoming emails...will post some pics when I have some time...yeah right., like that ever happens.

On the GT/CS I have, just bought a few months ago.. is the one that was posted on this site for sale in Sac., CA... The Candy Apple red with black vinyl top car. It was the one the got hit in the front and had a few rust holes in the top...Actually the top was not that bad as it looked...all the picts that looked like rust was just old yellowed glue...and i ground down and welded up the holes...came out nice. Car also sports a new front rad support crossmember and battery apron. Luckily the damage was contained to only those two parts., everything else was straight. The Lucas lights were there, console, etc....took the carpet out and the floors were perfect..still original paint from the factory with the no-paint areas where the bucks were attached going down the assembly line.I already have it running and have completly finished the brakes..and all the electrical. The original engine is back into shape and purrs like a kitten. Only needed some love and care.

The HCS, I think Bob Teets already knows about. It is the car out of Curtis' collection in San Diego. I am picking it up Sunday. Not many options on the car, 289 2V, C-4, 2.79 rear, AM radio, Deluxe wheel covers, White walls, but love the color combo. Tahoe Turquoise (very rare color, I think only 8K or so of total 68 production..probably very few HCS that color) with two tone aqua interior. It's all original, drivetrain etc. I think it has been repainted at some point in it's life. Has the 51 DSO for Denver and all the original fiberglass is still on the car with the sticker badge. I passed on a 68 1/2 Cobra Jet fastback to buy the HCS. Have owned a few 68 CJs, but never a HCS...so opted for the HCS! The VIN on the HCS is 8R01C168638. He still has a wrecked GT/CS and a few others too. I think this is the last HCS he has from that collection. More to come after I get it home. (not sure where I am going to put it!) BOB., if you have more info for me on the car., would appreciate it., Thanks. Dealer # was 76F480, built June 21st., 24 days ahead of schedule.

The 1968 GT 390 Mustang World Registry is kind of a sad story., some joker got my domain name from under my nose., I still have T-shirts, window stickers, and all my gathered info. Had made a lot of great friends world wide and gathered some great info from export DSO models. Glad you still have your registry book, 1st and only edition. Lots of great info in there and photos.

Congrats on getting your GT 390 convertible done, pretty rare pony.., I still have mine....since 1990., my wife won't let me sell it..haha.

PonyGal

Welcome Guy! Glad to have you on the site!! Like Tim (Midnight Special) said, there are several Mustangs right here in your neighborhood. Would love to get together and go for a drive if you're interested :)

Midnight Special

Tim, are we planning a Spring get together in Grass Valley?? Like the sound of that!

...I like the sound of that too, Amy! 'Might be getting roped into doing another air show, so maybe we can have an event to go with our social :) Let's see what the new year brings!

Attachments

• 0253.jpg
    0253.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 23

mustang.biz

So what's the motivation for someone stealing your domain name?

I've been dealing with domains for a long time, and typically there are two reasons:

1. To sell it back to the owner for profit
  2. To take advantage of the built in traffic and earn advertising revenue

Number 1 is a violation of the "Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy" (UDRP) and Guy could most likely get the name back if he decided to fight it. Number 2 is more of a grey area and it is harder to get the domain back unless Guy had filed a trademark for that exact name.

I had to fight for mustang.biz because the claim was that I purchased it in "bad faith" and intended to sell it for big profit without a claim on the mark. The claimant (Gehl manufacturing, who has used 'Mustang' since before Ford) lost the complaint and spent thousands in the process. If you are interested in such things, here are the findings (STOP is very similar to UDRP) http://domains.adrforum.com/domains/decisions/110776.htm

-----

On a happier note, Guy picked the car up today. It was great to meet him and I'm happy the car is going to a good home where it will be properly restored!

Just don't lose those keys Guy! :tongue:

OP
OP
G

Guyman

Just got the HCS safely home. Found out while in San Diego picking it up that it barely had enough gas to get it on the trailer, because it was bone dry when I got it home and tried to start it and get it off the trailer and no gas!!!!.

Was nice meeting Curtis and was a pleasure to deal with. Was a long trip but worth every penny and second. Stopped at Venice Beach and Hollywood on the way down and had a nice draft at the Snow White Tavern on the boulevard of stars in Hollywood!

Now have a nice HCS addition or (Edition) to my collection of 68s!..The HCS will definitely be getting some attention soon. Nice clean solid car to start with., and docs on the previous owners.

The domain issue is long past. I had fun doing the registry but am so busy and there are so many registries out there now..my time doing it is over.

OP
OP
G

Guyman

Also, keep me posted on the outing in the Spring. Who know what I will have by then!...this Mustang disease is killing me..haha.