• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Who has the fastest Cali-Special?

I was just wondering, I have been workin on my car for years now. When I got the car, it had been wrecked pretty good, so I opted for Resto-Mod. Now I have gotten the car to a best of 9.79@138.5. ;D Not sure if there are many people that have worked on making their California Special fast. ???

Thanks

Brad

quicknick

Mines not that fast, but sure looks good getting there! It's bone stock and correct. If you are into speed, I have a nice dual quad setup for 289-302. edelbrock intake with super comp 500's & linkages. Awesome mid range power. starting my spring cleaning in the shop early this year. e mail me and i'll get you more info. Nicholas

OP
OP
G

I don't have much use for 302 stuff. Everything that I deal with now is 351w stuff.

Calstang68

I am lookin at converting to EFI. I will keep my eyes open about that intake though. Maybe someone around here would need it!

Jayscal

Thats a pretty fast car you got calstang68, how streetable is it? Can it idle in traffic and run on the highway? I am ready to ditch my 3.55 gears cuz I beat the heck out of my car driving it on the highway. Nothing worse than trying to keep up with cars going 70 MPH and your tachin' a steady 4500 RPM's. I never had my car to the track, but I would probably be good for low 14 second times with my 289.

Calstang68

Mine is pretty streetable by my standards. I can drive it on the highway, but won't take very long trips in it. I will drive it all over town though. It has a very rough idle, but it doesn't try to die at lights or anything. I have alot of money in the motor, she ran a 10.91 on motor and the 9.7 was on nitrous. It is increadible!!!! I love driving the car!!!!

4500rpms seems like alot for 3.55 gears going 70?? My car is running 3.89's and running about 65 I am tachin around 3600 (i think, can't remember real close)

RacingFan

Wow, 9's! Great job, for crying out loud, thats a race car! Would love to see you post some pics in the gallery. Tell us some more about the car!

Dave

Calstang68

I should have a pic in the gallery by now. Will have some better photos pretty soon. I just put 2 new 1/4panels and floor pans in, and she is about to get a new coat of paint! I just got my AutoMeter gauges put in the car. I did it myself, with the electronic speedo, and the indash tach. Looks almost factory!!

I dang sure lost direction of where I was wanting to go with the car. Started out lookin for a pretty quick car that I could drive anywhere with the A/C going. Never did get the A/C though, lol. Not it is REALLY fast, and that farthest I will drive her is from here to Shreveport, La (70miles). I