• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

SOLD Reposted on e-bay

Status
Not open for further replies.

RacingFan

Thanks for the tip JR! I don't think its a California Special though, and here's why. Even though the VIN starts with "8R01", indicating a San Jose built coupe, it appears to lack the GT/CS specific add ons, such as the rear spoiler and side scoop. San Jose built a large number of coupes in 1968, only a few of these were GT/CS's. The VIN is an excellent place to start determining if a GT/CS is authentic, but only so far as vertifiying that it was built in San Jose. The hard part comes in examining the California Special components to make sure they are original. The only way I know of to be absolutely sure is to buy the Marti Report for the car. But thanks for noticing and posting! Become a member so we can stay in touch!

StraightSix

:D LOL

I just posted almost the exact same reply to jr's other message...

-Winston

Status
Not open for further replies.