View Full Version : What is it?

04/13/2005, 04:34 PM
On the inside of the trunk on the fender there is some kind of stuff sprayed on for a sound proofing or something, in places it is a light coat and in other places it looks like it is 1/8 inch thick and in strips. Not sure how to explain it really. Not really strips but it looks like the foam you would spray that expands for sealing in a house and they sprayed it on thick (approx 1/8") in places. Anyone know what it is or if you can buy it and what exactly its purpose is?


04/13/2005, 05:39 PM
Sealer, you'd be amazed at how many places manufacturers actually seal up while the unit body is being welded together. There is a whole manual used at the factory for just spot welds and sealant.

04/13/2005, 06:15 PM
You can also use automotive undercoating. It comes in spray cans and you can get it at any auto parts store.

04/13/2005, 07:57 PM
what you are explaining sounds to me like sound-proofing. It has an orange peel effect and was sprayed on before it was painted. You should be able to find it at any Mustang parts store.