View Full Version : Why GT?

BroadwayBlue
04/29/2005, 06:20 AM
I may be opening up a topic that's been discussed here before but I can't find the specific topic in the forums.
Searching for GT just isn't going to narrow it down ;)

My question is:

If the GT/CS wasn't a true GT and the GT package was an option ... what was the significance of Ford using GT as part of the name? Was it just for marketing reasons?

If there is a thread on here with the answer please just give me the name or link to it and chalk it up to a newbie oversight. Thanks!

Rich

Mosesatm
04/29/2005, 06:28 AM
just for marketing reasons

BroadwayBlue
04/29/2005, 08:05 AM
That's what I figured. Thanks! 8)

case12
04/29/2005, 08:39 AM
There is an FAQ on GT at the very top of the GT/CS discussion Forum listiings.

As a clarification to your statement, some GT/CS's did come with the GT option. That is discussed in the FAQ. But most GT/CS's did not come with the GT option. Thus, Moses is correct that the GT/CS ensignia was marketing. If your GT/CS came with the GT option it will show up on the Marti Report. Casey

BroadwayBlue
04/29/2005, 09:22 AM
There is an FAQ on GT at the very top of the GT/CS discussion Forum listiings.

As a clarification to your statement, some GT/CS's did come with the GT option. That is discussed in the FAQ. But most GT/CS's did not come with the GT option. Thus, Moses is correct that the GT/CS ensignia was marketing. If your GT/CS came with the GT option it will show up on the Marti Report. Casey

Hi Casey!

Yes I did read through that thread. I was just looking for some clarification. Thanks!

Rich