• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Why GT?

BroadwayBlue

I may be opening up a topic that's been discussed here before but I can't find the specific topic in the forums.
Searching for GT just isn't going to narrow it down ;)

My question is:

If the GT/CS wasn't a true GT and the GT package was an option ... what was the significance of Ford using GT as part of the name? Was it just for marketing reasons?

If there is a thread on here with the answer please just give me the name or link to it and chalk it up to a newbie oversight. Thanks!

Rich

case12

There is an FAQ on GT at the very top of the GT/CS discussion Forum listiings.

As a clarification to your statement, some GT/CS's did come with the GT option. That is discussed in the FAQ. But most GT/CS's did not come with the GT option. Thus, Moses is correct that the GT/CS ensignia was marketing. If your GT/CS came with the GT option it will show up on the Marti Report. Casey

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

[quote author=case12 link=board=1;threadid=1633;start=0#msg9951 date=1114789198]
There is an FAQ on GT at the very top of the GT/CS discussion Forum listiings.

As a clarification to your statement, some GT/CS's did come with the GT option. That is discussed in the FAQ. But most GT/CS's did not come with the GT option. Thus, Moses is correct that the GT/CS ensignia was marketing. If your GT/CS came with the GT option it will show up on the Marti Report. Casey
[/quote]

Hi Casey!

Yes I did read through that thread. I was just looking for some clarification. Thanks!

Rich