• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Mmmkay, who's 007bluto?

StraightSix

He or she just won themselves a whole bunch of GT/CS memorabilia on eBay... two GT/CS registry pins (the "California Special" script pin and the "1996 Registry" logo pin), as well as the copy of the recognition guide. Fess up :)

On a related note, does anyone else have either of those pins as part of their collection?

-Winston

68sunlitgold

Winston,
I also saw them...would be great to add to a collection, I had never seen them before. What do you think of the price for them. Did you get the impression that one of the pins was given to the sell by Paul himself? If would be great if the person that won it was a member of this site.
Doug

OP
OP
S

StraightSix

I've seen them -- they're in Paul's Mini Catalog, of which I have a copy. (I still need to find somebody with a scanner so that I can show it to those who don't have one). The pins were originally $5 each from Paul. It did seem to me that the seller got one from Paul. Anyway, I guess $30 or so a piece isn't too bad from a collectibles standpoint, but they were a little high for my taste. I could spend $60 on my car and feel a lot better about it :) Of course, they would make outstanding additions to a show car display. So, did anyone here win these things?

-Winston

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I've got a set of those pins at home that Paul was nice enough to send me when I started this web site. Guess I have friends in high places. ;)

I can take pics if anyone's interested.

HCSMustang

When I got my copy of the '96 registry Paul was nice enough to include two pins and a windshield sticker. I also bought the Model kit that he mentions in the registry. It's still in it's box in my basement somewhere, I never finished it... i wonder how much I could get for it off of eBay lol!

OP
OP
S

StraightSix

If my memory serves correctly, the last model to show up on eBay went for around $50 or $60. However, that one was unused. If you started to put yours together, I imagine it would be worth a good bit less.

-Winston