• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

ammeter

Powell

I have a problem with my ammeter. It shows no charge, discharge. I have checked all of the connections on the back with no change. Does anybody out there Know if there is anybody that rebuilds meters or any other thoughts about this problem? I have searched the wiring diagram and don't think there is any fuse in the circuit. I am at my wits end with this problem and all the local help can't seem point me in a direction to solve the problem.

Ralph

StraightSix

If you can remove the gauge, do so. Then, take it to a local electronics repair shop. They should be able to fix it without a problem.

-Winston

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Have you checked the IVR (instrument voltage regulator)? It's the little silver box at the back of the cluster. Typically it diables more than one guage when it's not working, but it's a cheap thing to try.

You should be able to get them from one of your better local parts stores (ie. not Kragen/Checker/Autozone) Here's a pic:
http://www.johnsmustang.com/Catalog/425/