• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted Marchal Fog Lamps

sportyworty

Does anyone know where I can find a set of correct Marchal Fog Lamps and also what is the cut off date for cars originally sold with them prior to the recall.
Thanks

68sunlitgold

worty,
April 26 is the cut off date (I think) and an email address for a gentleman that usually has a pair of Marchals (NOS) is Hans van Ingen Schenau [info@italparts.com]. He is from the Netherlands and sells many light parts, I guarentee you will not beat his prices anywhere!!
Doug

63alf

Regarding the Marchal Fog Lamps used in the GT/CS:

1) The site referenced shows 3 different models - TP 651, 653 and 656. Which of these were used on the GT/CS?

2) Were the Marchal Fog Lamps attached to the grill, or might they also have been pedestal mounted like the Lucas lights.

Tom

68sunlitgold

63alf,
The correct lights are Marchal 656/322 and they are mounted to the grillle through special grille brackets. They where not attached on pedestals like they were on Shelby's. This attached picture shows what the lights look like when mounted to the grille.
Doug

PS when you get the lights also get some bulbs if he still has some.

Attachments

• Right_Fog_Lamp.jpg
    Right_Fog_Lamp.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
sportyworty

sportyworty

Doug,
I got a hold of Hans and he has a set of Marchal 656 lamps they are new and come with the yellow lenses. He did not mention the/322 after 656. He has some clear lenses which do not have 656 on them. He also has some bulbs available. I was hoping you could clarify some of these particulars. I appreciate your response and the photos also.
Worty

68sunlitgold

worty,
the yellow lenses are not correct for the CS, and the /322 is in reference to fog lights, but just make sure they are fog lenses and not running lights. Now for other lenses, I believe Hans also sells 653's and 651's, these also come in running and fog lights, they are not correct for the CS but you can almost not tell the difference. You would have to get within a foot to see any difference, I know this because I have a set of both. I would put a set of 653's on my car without giving it another thought. I attached a pic of the correct lenses, as far as fog. I hope I have answered your question.
Doug

Attachments

• marchal2.jpg
    marchal2.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 52

x-codegtcs

My understanding from Hans is the 656 was the new model number in (I think) 64 and the 653's ended in 63. His opinion is they are identical. However, the 653's that I have seen (as I have a set too) have 653 embossed on the top of the front "eyebrow" and the glass part number is a few digits different.

68sunlitgold

x-codegtcs,
you are correct about the lights, that is why I said you have to get within 1 foot to tell the difference, also the bulb is different.
Doug