• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Dual GT Quad Tip Specs

hookedtrout

My next step in the restoration is the change to the GT dual exhaust. Can anyone get me pictures of the tips sticking out the back with some tape measurements so I know how far out and down they should be. I'm going to have it professionally done but I want something to give them as a reference.

Thanks, Cory

Russ

I have an original 1968 GT with the original exhaust system. I took each measurement from the top of the dual tips on the driver side.

The measurement from the bottom edge of the bumper to the top of the dual tip is 4".

The dual tip sticks out 1 1/2" from the "cut out" in the valance. This was measured at the upper arch of the cut out to the rolled end the dual tip.

Hope this helps,

Russ

RacingFan

:)
Just wanted to say thanks Russ, I just finished having my exhaust replaced and needed the spec as well. You were right on time! Thanks again!

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

I should say thanks as well Russ, I have saved your information so I have it when I get to this step. Right now I'm trying to get new garage doors and openers on so I can tuck her away a little tighter while I work on her. Then I need to get her running better. I'm fighting the fuel system. Put on a new pump, filter, and carb kit and now I think the tank is yuked up so I need to clean the yuk out and flush it out. The filter keeps plugging I think, starts and runs for a couple days then no fuel. Has to be a plugged filter as everything else is new.

Cory

Russ

I'm glad it worked out well for both of you!! I think the dual quad tips look great on a '68 Mustang, and I know that your cars will really "show" well with this exhaust.
Russ