• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Value of a rustbucket GT/CS

Lumpyidle

I have a line on a GT/CS out of state, it appears rusted out, but haven't got good pictures of it yet. But I know some panels are for sure going to be replaced. The GT/CS is one of my favorite Mustangs, and am wondering if this one might be worth hauling back to California. Aparently it's not the origonal 289, but still has pretty much everything else as far as I know. But is rusty, and doesn't run. Is it worth $200 or $2000? Or more? Also factoring in transportation costs (about 500-800). I hate the idea of buying a car without even seeing it with my own eyes. It's blue and still has the stripes, and the GT wheels are also present. Just some advise is needed. Reading these forums it seems like you guys know your Special's. Thanks!

Gandystang

Anything that looks like a mustang is getting $500-$1000. If all the fiberglass is on the car and good original stuff that's worth another $1,200-$1,500 being ( Shelby parts) The lucas lights if good are $ 150 min. Tail ligth assenblies are $ 150 plus rear light harness ?GT/CS original grill in good condition is $75-100 and so on. Besides being one 4018 cars made.

I think the car is worth $1,800-$2,000 ( offer $ 200 :) )

Ron

StraightSix

Yeah, you're looking at $2k minimum value. I would actually place it at around $3000 if it were mostly complete but just rusty and non-running. That price is based on the few I've seen in that condition, assuming a large target buying audience (i.e. eBay). Ron is right, offer something like $500 and see if the seller bites :)

-Winston

x-codegtcs

I bought a rusty X-code GT/CS for $5600. Most metal (including one front fender) is rusted out. It will be a complete change over. A lot depends on the car completeness and rarity (options, etc.). I would get a Marti report as these are VERY nice to have.

Good luck.

Bryce