• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

MotorZooUSA?

BroadwayBlue

Has anyone heard of this website? MotorZoo USA?

http://www.motorzoousa.com/

(don't know if this is affiliated http://www.motorzoo.com/)

I am in the process of selling my Ford Explorer through cars.com

They called and claim they can get $2,000 over my asking price for the car.
They get it by selling the financing on the car so people with bad credit apply
for a used car loan and with the interest they make the money off that.

They have keywords on Yahoo, Google, etc ... so if you type in 2004 BMW Ci for example, their link is the first Sponsored link to come up.
That takes you to a personal webpage on the car.

They claim on their site they work with Capital One, AAA, etc ...
They even walked me through their site, their business license, etc ...

I searched some on the net and found this is their company as well.
http://zerodownmotors.com/
This is actually the number I called back.
So this says their in Utah but the business license says Nevada

They walked me through a yahoo search, their site, what Ford Explorers they've sold and how much , etc ... Got suspicious when the first guy got off the phone and a Sales Manager got on ... I thought ... mmmm ... this sounds like the old car salesman needs to get the deal approved from the man in the office.

They wanted $500 to list the car and you don't hand over the keys or title until the check clears your bank. Offered it to me for $400 if I signed up today.

Sounds fishy to me.

Curious to know if anyone knows anything about it?

This is the 2nd call I got like this - I didn't return the other from another company. (maybe the same one who knows).

:confused: :ponder:

rvrtrash

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I personally would have trouble dealing with someone who tells me for a small ($500.00:eek: ) fee, they'll make it worth my while to screw someone who's down on their luck, but then again I'm just one of those country hicks. I'd have to walk away.
Steve

still looking for one

Hmmmmm
Well it is a good way to get rid of $500 quick

If their emails to you come from NIGERIA I would be extra careful

I just keep thinking of the 1972 presidential electionwhere someone said

Nixon looks like a USED CAR salesman

but

Mc Govern looks like someone who BOUGHT one

and Kelly Clarkson's latest hit song

WALK AWAY

Jim

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Some interesting reading:
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff117197.htm

I would say if they are so confident that their service can sell your car for $2000 more than your asking price then they should offer you a different deal. Why not offer to place your ad for free and then pay you your asking price when it sells? That way you're happy when you get your asking price and they get $2000 instead of just $400.

$400 up front is pretty steep. Granted most classified services will charge you an upfront fee, but $40-50 in your local newspaper or autotrader is a little different than $400 in an intangible site that you can't verify qualified traffic to.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

I agree Jon. I was thinking the same thing that it was a little steep.
They're sell is that they are splitting the cost of getting the keyword on Yahoo, Google, etc, to get their link to come up first when you search.

I thought to myself, if I'm looking for a car online the last thing I'm going to do is put the type of car in a generic search engine, I would go to an auto trader or other site to search there.

I already have it on cars.com and it's going on autotrader.com today.
That's how they found me.

Thanks for the link too - I only found something about PCs on there.

Thanks to all for the input!

admin

Staff member
Administrator
BroadwayBlue said:
Thanks for the link too - I only found something about PCs on there.
?? When you click the link you don't see all the back and forth discussion about MotorZoo and other related car sellers?

The search engine thing doesn't make too much sense to me, unless they're paying for Google sponsored ads (which you could do yourself if you wanted to). And I agree about general search engines. If I'm looking to buy a car I don't just type the car name in a search engine. I go to sites like ebay, autotrader, collectorcartraderonline, or sites like this one that are specific to that car.

Perkchiro

Hey Rich: For what it's worth, I recently sold my BMW 5 series and I advertised it in my local newspaper and on Cars.com. I also put a "4 Sale" sign in it. I took it to the Dealership for servicing and I left it overnight. A fellow looking for a used BMW spotted mine in the parking lot. He called and bought it. The 4 sale sign worked better than the paid advertising. Who would have thought that? Good luck selling your car.
Steve

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I wouldn't do this today, but when I was younger I sold two different Mustangs by putting a HUGE sign in the windsheild and parking them in the parking lot of a busy supermarket (at the corner by the street). The supermarket had both cars ticketed (twice) but it was still cheaper (and more effective) then a newspaper ad.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

admin said:
?? When you click the link you don't see all the back and forth discussion about MotorZoo and other related car sellers?

The search engine thing doesn't make too much sense to me, unless they're paying for Google sponsored ads (which you could do yourself if you wanted to). And I agree about general search engines. If I'm looking to buy a car I don't just type the car name in a search engine. I go to sites like ebay, autotrader, collectorcartraderonline, or sites like this one that are specific to that car.

Hi Jon,
No your link worked fine. When I was searching the night before I didn't see that info on MotorZoo, just something about them and problems with used PCs they were selling.
Rich

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Perkchiro said:
Hey Rich: For what it's worth, I recently sold my BMW 5 series and I advertised it in my local newspaper and on Cars.com. I also put a "4 Sale" sign in it. I took it to the Dealership for servicing and I left it overnight. A fellow looking for a used BMW spotted mine in the parking lot. He called and bought it. The 4 sale sign worked better than the paid advertising. Who would have thought that? Good luck selling your car.
Steve

Thanks Steve ... going to put the for sale sign on too and my cousin has a detail shop on a busy road and is going to let me park it there for some exposure too.

You had the car in the right place at the right time that's for sure.

MotorZoo

OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM MOTORZOO

MotorZooUSA is NOT affiliated in any way with MotorZoo. They simply registered the domain name and tried to fool the public that they were us. We have had lots of complaints from from people that paid money to MotorZooUSA, we refered all complaints to the Better Business Bureau Nevada.

To place an ad on MotorZoo is absolutely FREE to the public, so why pay somebody $500?

MotorZoo is a Limited Company operating from the United Kingdom and trading since early 2001.