• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Information Card

Mosesatm

It's not that I'm anti-social or anything (well actually, yes it is, but that's beside the point) but when I'm in a hurry I sometimes tend to get a little annoyed when I need to explain my car to people at gas stations, or the post office, or the grocery store, or wherever. To quicken my departure from those people, er, I mean to help educate the public about our cars, I'm working on creating some 3x5 cards to give inquisitive people.

This is just a draft so far and would greatly appreciate some feedback. What's good, what's bad, what should be added, etc.

Thanks

Edit: Revised the card to add 4118

Attachments

• Card with My Car copy.jpg
    Card with My Car copy.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Midnight Special

...You read my mind Arlie! I'm doing the same thing on GT/CS and HCS history to pass out at car shows for folks to take with them (li'l stack of 'em with the display). In my cars; I carry a laminated 8x10 that has the car data on one side and a color copy of the Marti on the other. It comes in very handy as another way to send them away w/ a smile :)

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Thanks Rich. See my notes below.

Very cool! I like that!

How about adding the numbers to the text? Production numbers?

Could we insert our own picture on Arlie's too? I can send you either the Photoshop file or a .jpg and you can post your pictures right over mine.

Does all that fit on a 3x5? It all fits but it's pretty well maxed out. No room to add any more stuff.

rvrtrash

"and as far west as Hawaii." Just had to add mine into it. :grin:

Steve

Doug

What are you going to do with all the extra time that you saved? Great idea as anyone with a special interest car will attest to a quick outing sometimes turns into hours because we all want to explain what we are driving.

BroadwayBlue

Sorry Arlie!

Regarding "How about adding the numbers to the text? Production numbers?"

I saw the limited edition up top and totally missed the 4,118 further down.
Never mind! :rolleyes:

Looks great by the way if I didn't say that before!

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Sorry Arlie!

Regarding "How about adding the numbers to the text? Production numbers?"

I saw the limited edition up top and totally missed the 4,118 further down.
Never mind! :rolleyes:

Looks great by the way if I didn't say that before!

You didn't miss it, I added it to the photo and updated the post

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

A bump for the folks who signed up after 2008.

Mike and I were talking about the cards I give to chatty people who insist on talking to me at gas stations about my car so I thought I'd give this thread a bump.

If anyone wants the template for the card just send me an e-mail address and I can send it to you as a .jpg, .psd (photoshop), .doc (Word), or a .pdf.
All you do is delete my car and add yours, and change the verbiage if you see fit.
Or you can send me a couple photos and I can make the card for you.

They are also good for car shows. I laminate them at either 3x5 or 4x6 (can't remember) and place a stack under my wipers for people to take with them.

The yellow car was Neil's

Attachments

• Neil temp small.jpg
    Neil temp small.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 46
  • Blue Card Small.jpg
    Blue Card Small.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Aqua Card Small.jpg
    Aqua Card Small.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 40
  • Stangfan Card.jpg
    Stangfan Card.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Powell's Card (574x1000).jpg
    Powell's Card (574x1000).jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

stangfan

I love this idea. If you don't mind, I will send you a couple of pictures of my car to be put on. Do you have a size preference? :grin:

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

I love this idea. If you don't mind, I will send you a couple of pictures of my car to be put on. Do you have a size preference? :grin:

Nope, just keep the e-mail under 10MB or it will get kicked back.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

I'm going to produce a set of 4x6 laminated cards for a forum member and in doing so figured out that they cost roughly $.60 each (laminate sleeves, photo paper, ink, postage), so if anyone else wants me to print and laminate some cards just let me know. 5x7 cards cost the same.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Powell said:
WOW,WOW, AND WOW. I just got my information cards from Arley. It took me about 10 minutes to give some away to my neighbor. These cards are perfect Arley. Thank you so very much for your help!!! And I am not saying that due to threats to Rob "dark beer" or to Stephen for Abuse of the GTCS.
Ralph

Thanks for the compliment, Ralph, and I'm glad you are happy with them. Your car photographs well and makes good looking cards.
I've got quite an assembly line worked out so making the cards is fairly simple, even 100 of them! Any time you need another 100 just shoot me a note.

Arlie

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Road trip and car show seasons are almost here so I'm updating the information card. It's in a Word document formatted to print two 4x6 cards per sheet. Let me know if you want the file to play with, or send me a couple photos and I'll make the changes.

Attachments

• 2024 Card with hood.jpg
    2024 Card with hood.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 18