• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Gargage Flooring

Mosesatm

My garage floor is broom finished (rough texture made with a push broom when the concrete was wet) and I've finally reached the end of my patience with it, so it's time for a new floor.

As far as I have can tell there are 3 basic options;
Tiles
Sheet Flooring (I'm leaning towards this option) http://www.bltllc.com/g-floor_main.htm
Epoxy or Poly

Have any of you used any of these products and will you please comment on the pros or cons of what you used?

Thank you for your advice

Midnight Special

...Most of the new aircraft hangar floors here have gone to epoxy for ease of cleaning and appearance. Tiles and even sheet flooring can eventually scratch and retain spill stains that are difficult to keep clean...

sportyworty

I have had tiles as well as roll on coatings. now it is indoor/outdoor carpeting. It is cheap and insulates well. You can lay some clear runners for bays. it is fun to vacuum the garage. More practical then you may think.

Diesel Donna

I used to have old carpet in my other garage. The neighbors thought I was nuts, vacuuming my floors but it was sure nice to walk on. The garage I have now has black and white checkerboard tile, but like Tim says, it retains scratches and fluid stains but it isn't too bad.

CALIF GIRL

My garage has epoxy flooring. I love it. The only problrm I have had is my motorcycle scratches it when I put it on the center stand, ( but it is a pretty heavy bike, 1800 goldwing).

My motorcycle trailer has the garage type hook together tile flooring. I find it hard to keep clean.

digiddy

the apoxy floor is the way to go. But don't cheap out do some reserch spend a little more and you will be thrilled with the results as I was. We parked our suv in there with road salt sand whatever else and after power washing it in the spring it looked like new. A little brake cleaner gets the real tough stains out with no problem.

franklinair

Epoxy is great, but the carpet is sooo comfy to lie on when working under the car! I've used both and like them both equally.

Neil

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Thank you all for your comments. It looks like epoxy is the way to go if it's not too terribly expensive.

Tile and roll-out are both in the $2.00/sf range. Does anyone know how much a good epoxy floor costs?

PFSlim

I don't know but had planned on taking a better look at the POR 15 product to place on floors.

Tim is right. In the Air Force, we painted all of our floors and very nice grey color or white. Very easy to clean up spills.

Paul

Mark Puls

Quarts Epoxy Floor

I had mine done about 7 years ago. It is not just the epoxy paint but they used quatz aggregate. They put 2 layers down in between th eepoxy coating. Has held up to every kind of abuse so far.

I use hot water and a mop with degreaser in the tough spots. It looks good enough to eat off when you done.

I thought I got a great deal at $5.75 sq ft. This was two layers of quartz and clear coat.

Mark

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Looking at going with tiles now so I can do this.

Attachments

• Garage Model (1).jpg
    Garage Model (1).jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 23

Diesel Donna

OMG!! That would be the COOLEST!!!! And colors to match the cars! Can you do the slash between the GT and CS?

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

OMG!! That would be the COOLEST!!!! And colors to match the cars! Can you do the slash between the GT and CS?

Nope, not enough room. Need 1 more foot!

I can do a modified version if I get rid of the borders.

Attachments

• Garage Model (2).jpg
    Garage Model (2).jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

So can you make the letters smaller to accomodate the space needed?

The tiles are all 12" x 12" and I think the letters are as narrow as I can make them. My garage is 19'-4" wide.
I'm open to suggestions!

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

It's a little difficult to see due to the sun glare.

Attachments

• Garage Flooring.jpg
    Garage Flooring.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 33

hookedtrout

That is awesome, forgot you were even in the process, turned out really neat.

Cory