• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Probably Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time

Mosesatm

Attachments

• Speakers.jpg
    Speakers.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 55

franklinair

Maybe the passenger has a hearing problem:wink:. Boy, what a tough crowd.

Neil (HUH?) Hoppe

mmarsalone

Aemoo,

That's not factory AC for a 67 car. I didn't read the ad, so I don't know if that's what the seller is claiming. The 67 factory is similar to the 68. The registers are different and also the control knobs. On this car, I don't think it's even the dealer installed AC for the 67 timeframe. That's the evaporater for a 66 Mustang. It's similar to the 65, but has the black camera case finish, whereas the 65 had argent silver finish. And the registers are different on these too.

RedGTvert

I especially like how Marvin claims that gas was $5.00 and rising. I am guessing this is a repeat of old auction, but gas was never $5.00 around here, and here is where I live where that car is.

Yes, he does state Factory AC for 1967. Thing is, he knows better, but is acting like a typical car salesman.

68CaliSp

Correct me if I am wrong; I but I think 30 mpg is a bit of an exaggeration? The straight six in my '67 doesn't get much better gas mileage than the 289 in my CS. The 4.10 rearend does not help the mpg too much either, especially when the the CS has 2.79 gears. I am no master mechanic nor have I had much time to tinker with either car in the last 5 years so I would assume that the '67 should run better.

Quite comical to see those speakers mounted like that though!:icon_lol: