• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS in Studio City, Ca

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sorry, I haven't seen it in person so I can't help there. It does look like a nice car. Just a few minor things of note:

1. The fog light pedestals are not correct. The ad says the originals are included so maybe it's not a big deal, but I'd double check that the "originals" are really correct.

2. The ad describes it as a "CALIFORNIA SPECIAL G.T." and the gas cap is a GT cap. Since it's a C-code 289 car it can't be a true GT meaning the cap isn't correct. The ad doesn't discuss the GT option any further so maybe they're just saying GT as in GT/CS. Just don't confuse the GT in GT/CS with the actual GT package. Most GT/CS's didn't have the GT package.

rjw

I agree it looks like a nice car. However, further evidence to question real GT status is the missing rear valence with the GT cutouts.
Richard

DAR1

Guys,
I asked a friend in LA to go and take a look last Saturday. Bob, the owner couldn't show it as he was becoming a grandfather and could not arrange to have someone else show the car. My friend tried again on Sunday but there was no reply, he left a message but there was no call back. It seems to be a tough car to see......
Dan