• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

New California Special

BikeMark

I know this may sound lame to enthusiasts, but is Ford making a 2005 California Special?

hookedtrout

I have seen some computer artist graphics on what it would look like but I think it was just someone talented in the art of computer enhancement playing around. I don't think there are any plans out there.

Double edged sword I'd say. I'd love to see one but I'd have to have it and the budget would be hard to justify.

Hook

rvrtrash

I know they're testing a new Boss 351 (40 valve V10) Mustang, which is killing me because one of my cars is a 71 Boss 351. If they did the CS also, I'd have to sell my house and move in with one of you guys.
Steve :eek:

hookedtrout

[quote author=n.id.steve link=board=4;threadid=802;start=0#msg4487 date=1076490129]
I know they're testing a new Boss 351 (40 valve V10) Mustang, which is killing me because one of my cars is a 71 Boss 351. If they did the CS also, I'd have to sell my house and move in with one of you guys.
Steve :eek:
[/quote]

We'd all be living together in one little house with a 10 acre parking lot full of sweet Mustangs and it would look like a car show or maybe a car lot.

Be hard to resist one though wouldn't it. :-\

Hook

rvrtrash

I'd like to accomidate you Brandon, but unfortunately, I'm trying to talk a guy down on another CS right now (Like I really need 6 cars) and I think that's going to tie up any spare cash I'll ever think of having in this lifetime. I'll keep the group posted on my progress.
Steve ;D

hookedtrout

I know how you feel Steve, I'm currently at 5 vehicles. ::) Two toys, one for commuting a pickup and an SUV and one garage space short of keeping them all out of the elements. That means the Runt, the one I drive for commuting is outside all the time and at 5 below zero this morning I have to scrape windows. Go figure the one I drive all the time is the one outside and has to have the ice scraped off the window every day.

Hook

rvrtrash

I didn't even include the daily drivers. How high is your garage ceiling? My "other" garage has 10' walls, vaulted ceiling to 12' in the center and I was just able to fit in a vehicle hoist so I could stack 2 cars. Works great! I paid about $2300.00 with shipping and if you want the info, I can dig it up for you. Really makes working on the bottoms of the cars great and I don't scrape windows anymore. Of course if I buy this new one, I will because I've run out of room again.

hookedtrout

[quote author=n.id.steve link=board=4;threadid=802;start=0#msg4495 date=1076605478]
I paid about $2300.00 with shipping and if you want the info, I can dig it up for you. [/quote]

That would be great, I doubt anything I currently have would work but I'm looking at building a 30X24 shop out back in the field so that would offer plenty of room.

Hook

hcsstang

8) I put up a block building about 30 years age and thought that it would be large enough but it's not. If I clean all the (good ) junk out I would have enough room. :-\My daily driver is out side also and like you said scrape the ice off. I am ready for spring. If you need any help on the building let me no.

darb

That's why you've got to love good old southern California...no ice scraping!

-Brad

rvrtrash

California has a longer driving season but I wouldn't trade my scenery for anything. Hey Hook, you really can't build to big. You'll always wish you had more room. A couple of things to think about, make your wall lengths a factor of 4' (i.e. 32' instead of 30'). If you use 16" centers, the studs will come out right. If you side with T1-11, you don't have to cut a sheet in half and the wall will be sturdier and if you sheetrock the inside (heat is a wonderful thing, best with insulation and rock), you don't have waste. Pour a 6" floor instead of 4" so it won't crack as easy, especially if you install a hoist, which I get the info for you on in the morning.
Steve

hcsstang

I would go with block. You have both sides finished when the block is up. I never had much luck with T1-11 plywood. I painted mine every other year and it started to crack now.

hookedtrout

Not so sure block would be that good here, you don't see to many of them around and my guess is the frost movement in the ground. Brick and morter will crack if you get movement and the frost tends to move things and it seems block would be less forgiving. May be wrong, it just might be a cost issue. How is the cost compared to stick and metal buildings?

Hook

rvrtrash

Hey Hook, this is just to give you an idea on cost. I built mine myself except for the concrete work. It's 24x36 (to small), foundation goes 2' into the ground, 6" floor, 2x6 construction on 16" centers. Two oversize doors 9x8 and 18x8 with tracks that follow the vaulted ceiling, sheetrock, insulation, one 36" man door, gas heat on the ceiling. 200 amp service with 4 230 v. circuits, 110 outlets every 6' inside and 1 outlet outside. I have 8 8' two tube industrial lights, 2 industrial ceiling fans, fire alarm system with outside horn, hoist and trolley system (light weight for moving parts around). Composition shingle roof with gutters, T1-11 siding. My cost was $15,000 and 4 summer months of weekends and after work labor. Steve