• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

X-Code for sale

68sunlitgold

He actually had it for sale about 2 weeks ago with a starting bid of only $4500 and no one bid on it. I guess he wants $2000 for the truck because the price now is $6500. You maybe able to email/call him and tell him to just pay $4500 and he can keep the truck. There where pictures on the last auction but all you could see was the CS truck lid and end cap, no pics of the tail lights. Also the front end had NO CS parts, I think he said it had been in a collision. I thought not a bad price for a X-code CS if it is a confirmed GT/CS. Get a Marti report.
Good luck

Doug

speedy02

I sent him a email the other day and he said the data plate "warrenty number" was gone. Those can't be remade that I know of.

hicountrybob

OK, guys, ck this! this x car , hopefully with a Marti report is legit. Look, deluxe interior (missing overhead console) but doors cut (with grills) for lights, and perhaps an am tape or am fm originally, good easy ext. color, headrests he says, woodgrain stuff, chrome tabs on seats etc. marti says 76 gtcs cars was x code (minus my x-code which is the lone x hcs) but included because marti uses gtcs package numbers. Now, I just spent time going thru Paul's second book and found 16 x cars listed and 39 s code cars. In our picture gallery on this site, I believe their are 4 x cars and 5 s cars. rare, you bet. if i was to buy another hc or cs, this one is a no brainer. Ptice? suck it up, you would not be selling it. When I think of when I found my x hcs. for 4500, i jumped on(some 5-6 years ago) look for it in gallery soon. hey, guys, one of our own needs to buy this car, hopefully for the 4,5,6, grand that it will take. Aren't that many out there, i feel. hicountry bob teets

mca

I have seen this car. He had on ebay awhile back with pics. It needs a TOTAL restoration. If its the one I'm thinking of - and I am pretty sure it is - it is the definition of a basket case car that is in serious critical condition. Unfortunately, it is a car that you would see in junkyard condition. You will not be able to do anything with this car except to start from scratch. To me, it is a $1500.00 car, (and that is just because of its rarity) $2500.00 max if I really really wanted it.

68gt390

This is what I found on the NADA for this car: Low Retail shows: $7450.00

Low Retail Value
This vehicle would be in mechanically functional condition, needing only minor reconditioning. The exterior paint, trim, and interior would show normal wear, needing only minor reconditioning. May also be a deteriorated restoration or a very poor amateur restoration. Most usable "as-is".

This particular car doesn't meet even low retail discription. Like MCA said, this car is a basket case. If one were serious about purchase I hope you have a big wallet. Most if not all the GT/CS items are missing except for figerglass. Also, as stated in earlier posts this car was offered before for $4500.00. He has thrown in the "Dodge" truck to sweetin the pot. Doesn't do anything for me. I'd maybe make him an offer of no more than $2000.00 if I needed an X code car.

Don ::)

68sunlitgold

speedy02,
you can have the door plates remade, and I don't know about the window VIN number, I don't think I have seen anyone make them. Now that does not mean it is not a GT/CS. There are other places the VIN is located, ie under the driver side fender, and if the engine is original it is on the back of the block.
Doug

68sunlitgold

He added pictures today, although they are too small to really see any detail.

Doug

68gt390

Doug;
Nice to see someone else knows where to locate the VIN. Most folks I've talked to don't realize the VIN was also stamped under the drives side fender and in the passengers side window area and on the back of the block. We as 68 owners are lucky because 67 only had the VIN stamped on the drivers side fender. Most folks look for and find the casting #'s on the block but, it becomes a problem because all the FE blocks used the same casting #. By locating the VIN on the back of the motor it makes it much easier to determine if you have a #'s matching car and the original block. I beleive this is true for all 68 Mustangs small block and big block.

Don

68sunlitgold

Don,
I know it is on all '68 V-8 engines...I can not say when it comes to I-6's.
Doug

rvrtrash

Being near the end of a total restoration on my CS, I can tell you that the VIN is also stamped in the top of the PASSENGER side inner fender/battery apron, at least on mine. I wanted to save it, so when I replaced the inner fender, I cut at the bend in the fender to save the top strap portion and welded the replacement along the bend so the weld wouldn't show.
Steve

HERMANATOR

:) Well guys I live in California where this X code is located and have spoken to the real owner of the car, not the JIM who is trying to sell the car for the real owner. The car is in a wrecking yard and the owner does not have the title as of yet. He will obtain one because he owns the car and wrecking yard. The car was hit in the front and had hood, fenders, radiator support, grill changed over to standard mustang. Car has been sitting for 15 plus years. Engine and trans do not run. Car was originally gold and was painted several times and is now a faded red. I spoke to the owner and almost purchased the car but changed my mind when his friend JIM kept trying to get involved. This car will need everything from being stripped to bare metal, to replacing front inner aprons, finding a grill, hood pins, lucas lights, rebuilding the engine and trans, redoing interior, basically a complete restoration is needed. The real owner will not budge on price he wants $4500 but said he would sell it to me for $4250.00

CJ

Hermenator; What city in California is the wrecking yard located? Also, what is the name of the wrecking yard?

Thanks
CJ

Kevin C. Anderson

[quote author=cmacias24 link=board=3;threadid=962;start=0#msg5355 date=1086979507]
Hey guys, there's an X-code for sale on e-bay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2481837842

Has anyone seen this car?
[/quote]
I Have seen this car. It is sitting in a junk yard in Fresno California. I think it a 1968 mustang? but the X-code 390 isn't true, and it isn't a GT/CS some of the parts on the car are real but all vin codes on car are gone.

carvensno

are you sure it's fresno, i live here in fresno, if so which wrecking yard, e-bay shows it to be in the sacramento area not fresno?