• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted "FoMoCo 7M" 14 x 7 stock steel wheel

747Driver

I'm looking for at least one original steel 14 X 7 rim with "FoMoCo 7M" stamped on outer lug dish. Rim can also be identified by three rivets on each of the four inside wheel spokes and a "BC" stamped on the inner lug dish. Outer hubcap ring also has four bumps vs. three on the "6M" rim. Any ideas of where to search are also greatly appreciated.

Josh

upsmd11@mac.com

franklinair

I have one: as you stated, FoMoCo 7M, 3 rivets @ the 4 attach points. BUT- mine says FoMoCo 7MA. Don't know if that makes any difference. It came from my C/S. (I had replaced it with a Shelby 10 spoke). No clue what UPS would cost to ship it from NC, but if you want it, it's yours. (Good shape, no rust)

Neil

6t8-390gt

Josh,
Are you looking for the stock plain rim for hubcaps, or are you looking for the stock styled steel wheel with the beauty ring and center cap.

Neil,
The date codes for the wheels break down like this for your example of 7MA:

7- YEAR
M- Motor wheel Corp.
A- January

Hope this helps.
Danny

OP
OP
747Driver

747Driver

"7MM vs. "7MA" ???

Danny and Neil:

First to answer Danny's question..Stock steel is what I'm looking for..See attached (hopefully) photos. Originally, I was mistaking the "7MM" under the FoMoCo stamp as referencing the rim size of "7" because the second M didn't match up to any of the date decoders I was using...It made sense that the first M would be "Motor Wheel Corp.", but up until this morning, my understanding was that the third digit for wheels could only be A thru E according to the decoders I'd previously seen. But, this morning, I came across a FoMoCo Parts decoder (http://www.karmustang.com/date_codes.php) that shows "Date Codes for 1968 Model Year" parts production date as "M = December 1967," similar to how body date codes are designated on our door identaplates. So my puzzle may have just become more confusing...So far, I've been told that GT/CSs were only sold with 14 x 6 wheels...these wheels measure 15 3/8" outside diameter by 7" outside width (roughly 14 x 6.5 at the inner tire beads), and had rotted 205/75 x 14 tires on them when I bought the car, with the stock full covers that you see in the photo attached. So, the question is, did someone swap out the original wheels for these, or is it possible that since my car was built in Feb '68, it received 14 x 7 wheels that were produced in Dec '67? Auto-Forensics-101! Ultimately, Neil, it sounds like the rim you have may work as a match to my three good ones. If you don't mind comparing the photos and taking some measurements, I'd be greatly appreciative. Sorry for the long drone, and thanks always for the generosity of your knowledge. Josh upsmd11@mac.com

Attachments

• IMG_1291.jpg
    IMG_1291.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1292.jpg
    IMG_1292.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1293.jpg
    IMG_1293.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1294.jpg
    IMG_1294.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1162.jpg
    IMG_1162.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 36

franklinair

Here are photos of the one I have. The diameter measured the same as yours. (Couldn't measure the width for the bead, as the old tire is syill mounted.)
Also, I have a set of NOS hubcaps (still in the Ford wrappings) if you could use them. $50/ea. I also have 2 sets of the plain ones as in your photo (used but OK).

Neil

Last edited:
OP
OP
747Driver

747Driver

Hello Niel,

This is probably going to strike you as a very strange question/response to your last response to this thread from over 13 years ago! I have to apologize that I just randomly came across your response in the last day or so while searching the forum for some other info, and I remember now how I missed it…life happened…that’s the real short version. Anyway, now that I’m finally finding time and $$$ to re-engage on my CS project, my question is, what are the chances you still have that OEM 7M(? ) 14”x7” steel rim laying around after 13 years?! If you still have it collecting dust somewhere, I’d graciously take it off your hands for whatever it sets you back to box it up and ship it…as well as whatever pain-in-the-rear factor. Feel free to email me. Hope all is well! Josh UPSMD11@mac.com

OP
OP
747Driver

747Driver

Ruppstamg,
I hate to break up a set of 4, but if you’re not concerned about that, I’m interested! I only really “need” one to replace a damaged one, but depending on your price and shipping, I could possibly take a second one, in order to have a correct spare. Email me at your convenience at UPSMD11@mac.com

Thanks! Josh Johnson

Ruppstang

Josh I should have read the entire thread. I thought you were looking for a painted Styled Steel wheel. I will have to check the standard wheels I have.

OP
OP
747Driver

747Driver

No, just a stock steelie 14x7…looking for one (or two) stamped “7M(A thru M).” Not a pressing issue by any means, but if you think you might have one (or two) laying around, I’d be happy to buy them (+shipping). I’m just keeping my stock steel rims and original full wheel covers on my CS while I’m working on much more important issues. I just have an oddball junkyard replacement on it right now, but figure it would be nice to have a completely year-correct set at some point. JJ