• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Moving from Honolulu to Dallas

Firstmustang

I will be moving with my GT/CS to Dallas from Honolulu (don't ask) in August. I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on protecting my pride and joy during the boat ride and subsequent overland shipping. The ship is enclosed and specially made for automobile transportation, but the shippers have told me that during the overland portion of the journey the car will be in an open container truck from San Diego to Dallas!! I'm negotiating with the shipper to put the car in an enclosed trailer from SD to Dallas.

With that being said any advice. Also, looking for good Mustang guys/gals in Dallas, would love to hear from any owners in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

Thanks,
FirstMustang

whodat

Dallas Mustang is there for one thing. They also put on car shows. My GT/CS came from Dallas.

390gtmustang

I will be moving with my GT/CS to Dallas from Honolulu (don't ask) in August. I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on protecting my pride and joy during the boat ride and subsequent overland shipping. The ship is enclosed and specially made for automobile transportation, but the shippers have told me that during the overland portion of the journey the car will be in an open container truck from San Diego to Dallas!! I'm negotiating with the shipper to put the car in an enclosed trailer from SD to Dallas.

With that being said any advice. Also, looking for good Mustang guys/gals in Dallas, would love to hear from any owners in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

Thanks,
FirstMustang

Sorry don't have any advice on transportation but just get lots of insurance. Anyways I am from DFW area and I welcome you, lots of things to do out here and I think you'll like it. Give me a shout once your here we can cruise and hangout , enjoy our cars together . Good Luck