• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Sea Foam Green

Mustang68Mx

Hi, I got the marti Report and it it all that I was told about.. but my car has a different color than what I am planning to do.. the car is originally Sea foam green with Ivy Gold interior, but since the color ir a little weird (here is the question ) I decided to go for Wimbledon White and Ivy gold. But sometimes I get dizzy thinking to change it to the original color, now is the time to decide, in fact, I have 1 week before they start paiting my car... the interior I do like Ivy gold.. it looks very nice ( I think... and I have to say I decided thx to Donna with her interior ) but sometimes when I see the Sea foam cars, sometimes it looks like white, sometimes looks like hulk's throw up, first of all I want to get my head clear, do you have any pictures of a seafoam green that you know it is the original color(the Barret Jackson 49k dls looks very nice, but you find pictures and it looks horrible in other cars... which is the truth???). What would you do... Wimbledon White and Ivy gold(light and med) or Sea foam with ivy gold ( Light and med).

Speaking of that I have to tell that the sprint Version in sea foam it is very rare... only 97 were ordered with that ( could be the ugly color:icon_dead ??? ) according and I found that my car had a lot of things missing that it was factory made...

joedls

Hurry! Make your decision to paint it the original color before Arlie reads your post. Otherwise, you may be getting a bill from his therapist.

Mosesatm

joedls said:
Hurry! Make your decision to paint it the original color before Arlie reads your post. Otherwise, you may be getting a bill from his therapist.

Let's see........with an Ivy Gold interior I'd probably pick.......hmm, that's a tough one.......I know, how about Highland Green?!!!!!!!!

Seriously, how about going one shade up from the Seafoam and paint it Lime Gold? There is one on eBay right now if you want to see a good example. Attached is a picture of one Bill and I looked at last year here in Houston.

Last edited:

Nathan

As a Diamond Blue owner I support the subtle colors.
Sea Foam Green is a cool vintage color for the GT/CS.
Put some black stripes on for contrast and it's even better!
Can I get a witness from the Meadowlark Yellows? I know you're out there!

Diesel Donna

Mustang68Mx,
Aww thanks for choosing Ivy ! Personally, I kept the Lime Gold paint and Ivy interior because to me it made the car look most like the 68 she is.
I'm not crazy about Sea Foam Green either but I am a purist at heart I guess, so I like the stock look. Like Nathan said, vintage colors are cool! Black stripes over white ones with Sea Foam anyday.

~~~~Donna

OP
OP
M

Mustang68Mx

Thanks everyone, I have to tell that I loved the GT/CS that Barret Jackson sold for 49 k, very sea foam ext with not nice interior.. and Look nice... but also Wimbledon white look nice.. I have to see some examples of the Sea foam, it is kinda weird and hard to find several pics of that color.. I only have three options to look, the never sold GT/CS on ebay, the barret j. and some member that has a really nice GT/CS sea foam with ivy gold int..

Anyway I must choose right now so the paiting can be started... I'm also a purist, but I like to see a nice work of my car, and I don't want to have a weird or an ugly color on my car. That is because I always look bad painting works of ppl trying to get some sword of sea foam... Like I said I loved that GT/CS sea foam that has been sold... but I also love wimbledon white.

I uploaded pictures of the cars I got as a model if I paint it Wim. White.. the first is a Sprint like mine, wimbledon with ivy gold int. Some other cars and a HT, GT Sea foam.

I hope to get your opinions

And Diesel Donna, congrats for you car, it is awesome

Attachments

• 68_ht_white_w7_1.jpg
    68_ht_white_w7_1.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 26
  • ad_12.jpg
    ad_12.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 26
  • C37EA42AE0.jpg
    C37EA42AE0.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 27

case12

First time I have heard seafoam green referred to as "hulk's throw up". :grin:

Personally, unless you are going to change a lot on it (resto mod it), I prefer original color. And seafoam green is sorta a cool and different color. Not everyone is going to have it.

Casey

tworings

Nathan said:
As a Diamond Blue owner I support the subtle colors.
Sea Foam Green is a cool vintage color for the GT/CS.
Put some black stripes on for contrast and it's even better!
Can I get a witness from the Meadowlark Yellows? I know you're out there!

Although Meadowlark yellow would not have been my first choice for a color, I think I am going to stick with it since it is the original color -- besides, I've already named the car "Buttercup" LOL (but my husband would like to paint it gold, so we'll see who wins that battle)

OP
OP
M

Mustang68Mx

I have some sword of fight in my head. Originality or the car Personalized the way I like it (keep everything but the original color :tongue: )..

kinda trouble :S I must decide soon...

Attachments

• 1800F8E0F8.jpg
    1800F8E0F8.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 27
  • seafoam1.jpg
    seafoam1.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 88_4.jpg
    88_4.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 24
  • seafoam.jpg
    seafoam.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 28
  • ex-sea-green.jpg
    ex-sea-green.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 17

6t8-390gt

SEA FOAM GREEN

Keep it original. I like the "weird" colors because you rarely see them. Everyone in the 70's and 80's were painting their Mustangs re-sale red, blue, black or white. I'm confident you will get lots of compliments, comments, and questions about SEA FOAM GREEN.

And yes my coupe will be painted Meadowlark Yellow when it gets new paint.

Diesel Donna

I always liked the Meadowlark Yellow. I just can't quite remember not to call it Meadowlark LEMON.....(Old school Harlem Globetrotters). All you old guys out there remember them? LOL.

OP
OP
M

Mustang68Mx

I think I'll be painting the car with primer only... Gray is lovely :grin: I always loved White but I also have a lot of purist but as you said it is very rare color (don't know why, may be 'cause it's ugly, or truly rare..) but here in Mexico that would be the only one with that color.. also with white (HT well restored... the mostly the ppl who restore nicely, they did it with Fastbacks never HT and would be the only HT sprint Wim White nicely restored) but we got a lot of shelbys in here.... I'm getting Dizzy with this :S I don't know what to do really... thx to Diesel Doona I'm sure of the interior and I got it already but the exterior I've seen only 3 sea foams vs 100 wimbledon white that I love...

case12

Diesel Donna said:
I always liked the Meadowlark Yellow. I just can't quite remember not to call it Meadowlark LEMON.....(Old school Harlem Globetrotters). All you old guys out there remember them? LOL.

I saw Medowlark Lemon play - I think they are still around aren't they? Casey