• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 My Lime Gold GT/CS is DONE!!

Russ

Well, I've finally completed my lime gold GT/CS project vehicle, one day before its 42nd birthday!! I installed the side stripes today, and I'm very happy with the car. It took some time to get the hood and fenders to fit correctly, but with the help of a friend, everything fell into place. The engine runs beautifully, and all I need is some good weather to try out the car (I had to have two feet of snow removed from the barn driveway just to get the Mustang out of the barn!). I have to have the front end aligned and then it's time to drive the car. We will be taking it to the Old Pueblo Mustang show in Tucson, AZ the end of the month for its debut event.

Attachments

• Lee-Tate Final 006.jpg
    Lee-Tate Final 006.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 126
  • Lee-Tate Final 009.jpg
    Lee-Tate Final 009.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 127
  • Lee-Tate Final 010.jpg
    Lee-Tate Final 010.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 144
  • Lee-Tate Final 011.jpg
    Lee-Tate Final 011.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 133

gofastguy

Beautiful!! I have loved the lime gold cars since they were new, and yours looks like it's 1968 again!

OP
OP
Russ

Russ

The Goodyear Polyglas are reproductions (I want to be able to drive the car), BUT they are made by Goodyear in the original molds! They are sweet tires, and this car came with wide tread tires from the factory (It originally had white walls, though). Russ

Doug

The Goodyear Polyglas are reproductions (I want to be able to drive the car), BUT they are made by Goodyear in the original molds! They are sweet tires, and this car came with wide tread tires from the factory (It originally had white walls, though). Russ

Outstanding and where did you get the Goodyears? Doug

OP
OP
Russ

Russ

I ordered the tires from Lucas. The price was $200 per tire plus shipping. Russ

Ruppstang

Hi Russ it looks Great! I can't wait to judge it. Are you going to Okahoma or Warshington Nationals? I wish we could go to the NC. show we will be in Virginia Beech two weeks earler. Marty

OP
OP
Russ

Russ

Hi Russ it looks Great! I can't wait to judge it. Are you going to Okahoma or Warshington Nationals? I wish we could go to the NC. show we will be in Virginia Beech two weeks earler. Marty

Marty, My wife and I are going to go to the MCA Virginia Beach show and stay on the east coast for two weeks and then go to the MCA North Carolina show. We will be taking this car to both shows. I'm looking forward to seeing many people from this site at the shows. Russ

Mustanger

That's one cool Cal Special ... I'm getting inspired (thanks Russ, Neal, and others) to do my body & paint for my '68 more and more ... I think it's gonna happen this year finally :thumb: ...

somethingspecial

Fantastic Job

Russ, That is one beautiful car. I can't wait to see it in person. We seem to have a common interest in color of cars. You've seen my Highland Green CS, my other CS was originally Lime Gold with Ivy Gold interior. It is now a Metalic Copper with Black interior. That is the way I purchased it. I like the non-standard color. The more I see restored Lime Gold cars, the more the color grows on me. You certainly out did yourself with this one. Congratulations. Mike