• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 How do you prefer your Special: Manual or Auto?

classicsguy

Since my Mustang is not my daily driver I would rather have a stick-shift GT/CS for just the enjoyment of driving it to shows and weekend cruiser!!!

What type of transmission do you prefer in your GT/CS? Manual or auto?

robert campbell

Mine has a performance AOD. But I wish it was a 5 speed. My wife talked me into the automatic. I may sell and change in the future. Who knows, maybe a 6 speed!

Rob

gofastguy

Had to have a 4 speed!! Sometimes I wish I had 5 on the freeway because it makes me nervous running at so many RPM.

Midnight Special

Dude!!

Some of us don't have a full stable like you!!! Gotta love "midnight special"! She is one cornering, gear slamin bundle of fun!!

Rob

...That she is Rob, and we sure had fun trying to keep distance between a determined "rvrtrash" out here :) The reason I say "like em both" is because I make a coffee stop early on the way to town every morning and managing the "manual" has resulted in a boiling hind side more than once!

Attachments

• blkgtcs.jpg
    blkgtcs.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 32

CougarCJ

Mine will stay an automatic like Henry installed back in 1968.

My other two play cars are stick shifts.

teamlo

Auto. The engine looks nicer without all that smog stuff on it! Well, the J-code engine anyway.

Terry

sam

I've got an automatic, but really wish it was a 4 speed. I had a manual stang in college, and miss the shift action. My Cal Spec came automatic from the factory, and that's how I'll keep her.

GT/CS S Code

4 gear for me!

Gotta love driving one of these cars with a stick. We have the factory installed 4 speed in our GT/CS, but when our '65 Fastback is finished (eventually!) it will have a 5 speed transplanted in behind the done over 289 4V ...
:wink: