• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Alignment of Side Scoops

kevin

Banned
I just finished adding new quarters to my mustang, and I am curious as to the alignment of the side scoops. I have the GT/CS recognition guide, but It doesn't indicate the exact placement of the scoops relative to the quarter recess. I thought about using a ratio to a good picture of the scoops and there alignment compared to the quarter recesses on my mustang, but I thought I would first see if you guys would know? Is there supposed to be any silicon, or seam sealer between the scoop and the quarter? Or just Flush? Thanks for your help.
Sincerely,
Kevin

BrandonB

Well I'm not smart with cars but mine is flush unless I'm dumb...again =P

68sunlitgold

Kevin,
if you have the 96 recognition guide, look on page 123, it shows the demensions where the holes for the scoop should be drilled. This should give a very close idea on where the scoop should be placed.
Doug

68sunlitgold

Kevin,
I forgot to mention that the back hole is often elongated, meaning the factor drilled this hole so the scoop could be moved forward to backward depending on getting the alignment correct.
Doug

BrandonB,
you are not dumb, learning is never wrong if you remember it.

hcsstang

I talked to Bob Teets and he said to get the screws in before you tighten the nut on the air scoop that is the reason for the elonged holes. If you don't that puts to much pressure on the screws;D

OP
OP
K

kevin

Banned
My guide only goes until page 66, I think it might be older? Can you help me on the dimensions? Thanks for all the replys.