• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. This Site is the GT/CS History

robert campbell

All,
I gave permission to Jon to delete my “very sad” thread. What is done is done and I agreed with Jon. I hope that all of us will never be quiet again. I am ashamed that I kept quiet as long as I did. But we all just want to get along…… Not to cause waves. We all hope for the best in people.

Jon has provided us with the vehicle to appreciate, authenticate, and continue the legacy of the GT/CS both old and new. Sounds a bit corny, but this site is the collective membership of its history. Our (my) car has yet to be vetted and I am totally ok with that. I will keep it and drive it regardless of its history and whether it is or not a GT/CS. I will never misrepresent it and never have. That said, this site WILL keep the marquee alive. You are the true owners and historians of this piece of history. Mustang owners as a whole have always been “blue collar”. It is my hope that the collective knowledge of this site CONFIRMS what other people “think” was its history. Not the opposite! Not to be dictated to what happened! We all can do our own research. Jon has given us this vehicle and connections to the owners.

We (all of us) will take charge of its history. Just showing up at your local car show with a friendly attitude is what sustains these cars. We are the true stewards of its legacy. That is all that is really necessary.

This site, and its members, are the true historians of these cars. I have never been around more friendly people! I am proud to know and be part of you.

Rob

John McGilvary

Very well said Rob, but

IMO, it makes things alot better if we can talk things out on this forum,
rather than reading a post you don't like or agree with and going off line
and bitching to your wife about it.

I have owned my CS longer than 99% of my friends on this site and I still value all the comments about CS's, good bad or ugly, even if I don't agree with them.

You want to hear some off-the-wall rude crude crap, you should have owned a CS or any Mustang coup back in 68 or 69.

John