• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Carnage

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

Yep. I guess I pushed the limits of those rods for too long. I missed a 2nd gear shift and bounced it off the rev limiter.

AADaddy

Man that stinks! I keep waiting for this to happen to my 07 GT. I'm pretty close to the limit with HP on the stock internals. If you want to pick up a new short block or parts I HIGHLY recommend these guys:

www.brenspeed.com

They sell some really good short block assemblies. They've done most of the tuning on my car and most of my parts have come from them. Excellant guys to work with. Best of luck.

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

Man that stinks! I keep waiting for this to happen to my 07 GT. I'm pretty close to the limit with HP on the stock internals. If you want to pick up a new short block or parts I HIGHLY recommend these guys:

www.brenspeed.com

They sell some really good short block assemblies. They've done most of the tuning on my car and most of my parts have come from them. Excellant guys to work with. Best of luck.

What are you running on your 07? I've been pushing the limit of mine for years. I've pretty much known it was just a matter of time.

AADaddy

I have a Saleen Supercharger (smaller pulley) with Cold Air, Comp Cams, Ford Racing Throttle Body and a few other goodies. Have not had it on a dyno in a while but I know after I add headers in a couple weeks I'm pretty much at safe limit. If I recall the max torque on these stock internals is somewhere around 480. After that you're playing roulette. Not to sound like a commercial here but that's why I worked with the Brenspeed guys. They install, test, tune and race all of the stuff they sell. They are licensed for Roush, Saleen and Edelbrock superchargers. I think a couple more too. They know the limits of these engines really well. They're also doing a lot of work on the Coyote motors.

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

4.6 block stroked to 5.1 (3.75 stroke x 3.552 bore)
Forged 4340 steel crank
H-beam rods
Forged 2618-t61 aluminum pistons
Clevite 77 bearings
9.0:1 compression
Stock heads were rebuilt. Had to replace 3 valves; new seals, guides, keepers, lifters.
Valve/timing covers were powdercoated the same redfire as the car.
Upgraded dual fuel pumps with wiring upgrade
McCleod RST twin disc clutch and aluminum flywheel.