• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 68 GT/CS on ebay

joedls

My office is in Anaheim. If someone is seriously interested, get me the contact info and I'll make arrangements to go inspect the car.

jstaudin

I bid on this item but did not win. A day or so after bidding was over, I received an email, purportedly from ebay stating I was given a second chance because the high bidder did not buy the car. I send an email to andrewd.engineer@gmail.com stating that I am interested. I received an email stating the owner is out of the country for 8 weeks and he will ship the care to me at his cost if I would kindly deposit my money into an ebay escrow account. I told him his ad said the car was in Anaheim, which is near my home, and that I will just pick it up, so please arrange someone to meet me. I should let you know that prior to the auction closing, I sent him an email asking to look at it. He never responded. I received another email from the owner stating it is not possible for me to see the car and if I would kindly put my money into the ebay escrow, I can get it delivered to me at no charge and if I don't like the car, ebay will release the money back to me. I told him I will not deposit any money into escrow until I see the car because I have no proof that he actually has it in his possession. I told him I would be happy to go to the shipping company to look at the car.

Does this sound like a scam to you?

x-codegtcs

Turn and run as fast as you can!!! I guess it could be legit, but if you know you are going out of the country, don't list it. If it happens after the listing, pull the listing. eBay escrow is not 100% fool proof in my opinion. And if you can't go look at it in your own back yard. RUN!

somethingspecial

In my years as a Deputy Sheriff, I took many reports of fraud on ebay adds just as you explained. In my opinion, it is a scam. Once you deposit the money, you may never see it or the car again. My recommendation is DO NOT deal with this person, find another car you can physically see, or at least, deal with on the level. If it smells like a turd, it probably is. If the person is out of the country, you have no recourse to go after them if they skip leaving you nothing.

franklinair

I had sent the seller a question re: inspecting the car. Joe is close enough and offered to look it over. Never got a response from the seller, so I just ignored the sale item. 'Buyer Beware'.

Neil

jeephustler

Scam!

I received an email from that same son of a bitch today for a 1966 GTO second chance offer.. Somebody needs to give that POS a dirt nap...

You've been given a second chance to buy Pontiac : GTO Burgundy 1966 Pontiac GTO 389 Automatic, which you made an offer on for $ 14,000.00 on 13-Jul-13 14:48:25 . To purchase this item, reply to this email or just contact the seller at: andrewd.engineer@gmail.com

Pontiac : GTO Burgundy 1966 Pontiac GTO 389 Automatic
Price:
$ 14,000.00
Seller:
Seller E-mail:
c037479 (0)
andrewd.engineer@gmail.com
Ask Seller A Question