• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 All original GTCS

SD GTCS

Hello, I just bought a 1968 California Special. It's all original including paint, and I have been trying to start a thread, but none have showed up. The car has lots of details that would help anyone who is restoring a GTCS.

dalorzo_f

Nice find. 289? Other options in addition to the AM and deluxe belts??

Question on the Ivy Gold interior, hard to tell from the pics... but is the dash pad black, or dark green?

OP
OP
SD GTCS

SD GTCS

The dash is either black or a really, really dark green, I can't tell. Is it suppose to be black? Nothing looks like it was ever changed. Just starting to learn about these cars. The options are: C code 289, C-4, Power Disc brakes, AM radio, Tinted glass, F70-14 wide oval whitewall tires, power steering, Deluxe wheel covers, Deluxe seat belts.

OP
OP
SD GTCS

SD GTCS

The floorboards look like red oxide

The rocker black-out looks like it was painted with a mask held up to it:

Edward Bodoh

Was this the car that sold a couple weeks ago out of the Sacramento area? If so was on eBay and sold at a good price. Nice car....ivy gold Ed here.

stangfan

Dash pads are usually a darker shade of the upholstery colour. For example my interior is Dark Red. The dash pad is a darker shade than the seats.

J_Speegle

Got to ask :) can we get a full or partial VIN - pictures are great but without the ability it compare with others built at the same time or apply it to other cars built at the same time it sort of limits how the details can be used and applied

I'ld guess 8R01C146xxx to 156xxx

Is that dual exhaust hanging down below the valance? Looks like there might be a tip on the drivers side

Thanks

OP
OP
SD GTCS

SD GTCS

The car is in the registry, and I am trying to change the previous persons name and put my name on there. The VIN is 8R01C143608. The previous owner put on dual exhaust and new rear leaf springs. Thats the only changes I found so far.

Mosesatm

Was this the car that sold a couple weeks ago out of the Sacramento area? If so was on eBay and sold at a good price. Nice car....ivy gold Ed here.

Ed,
It was on eBay during the middle of May in Escondido.
I think the Sacramento (Lincoln) car had a black top and black stripes.

Last edited:

sam

That is a beautiful car and congratulations. I believe she has Deluxe wheel covers like the ones I had on my 68 Mustang coupe back in college. Love the color and good luck./

Ruppstang

You are a fortunate guy to, one find a unrestored car and two for it to be in such nice condition. You have to love those California cars.
Do you live in South Dakota? I live in the Lincoln NE. area and my club is hosting a Mustang Club of America National show in Lincoln August 8-10th this year. I am a 67-68 gold card judge and would love to look at your car. There is so much to be learned from unrestored cars. We will have a unrestored class that most other show do not. It would be a great opportunity to get feed back from some of most knowledgeable people in the country. If you are interested you can find more information on our web site at hoofbeatoflincoln.com .
Marty

somethingspecial

Welcome SD GTCS. If you have never owned a GT/CS before, you will soon find out it is an addiction. LOL.