• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 exhaust

Maine gt/cs

I think this has been discussed before. This topic came up recently at a local cruise in. Did all j-code gt/cs's come with dual exhaust. I told the gentleman asking that I think, but not sure, that only the ones that had dual exhaust were the ones that came with the gt package and only cars with 302's and bigger engines had the gt package. When the person that restored mine years ago told me when he bought the car all stripped apart that it had a single exhaust system with it. Just would like to know for sure. Thanks for any replies.

Tim

Mosesatm

Since only GTs had cutouts for the dual exhaust tips my guess is that non-GT J-codes came with single exhaust systems, but that's only an educated guess.

ETA
The Master Parts & Accessories Catalog shows the same exhaust system (single) on the 289 2V and the 302 4V. The 302 GT is a separate system (dual).

Last edited:

robert campbell

I am at home tonight!!! Back to the lake in the a.m.

Wish you were here!! Nice and warm with no humidity and a cool lake to jump into. And nice thick beer and a boat for a cocktail cruise!!!!

Rob

robert campbell

Wings and Clay River Brisket smoked over Apple Wood for 12 hours. With home made dry rub and home made sauce!!

Rob