• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 High Script Cars

Mosesatm

Attachments

• Left.jpg
    Left.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Right.jpg
    Right.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Green Scripts.jpg
    Green Scripts.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 50

mbsf1970

nice car! only 14 hr drive to check it out! hey is it a former members car? check out the dash plaque and the steering wheel pad insert....
Stephen

Northern Pony

The silver car on the left is definitely a clone, right down to the appropriate vin. I bought it that way many years ago thinking it was a legit GT/CS. My friend and I bought this car and a Royal Maroon GT/Cs Gt car out of Lethbridge Alberta in about 2003. I sold this car to take over the GT car.
Regretted after that I didn't use it to make a "Little Red", as it was a real decent car.

robert campbell

Arlie,
Tim did an awesome recreation of what my GNS once looked like before I templated a local known GT/CS and moved them down.

For those who do not know this story, If you look carefully at the debut GT/CS on the stage the scripts are noticeably higher. This piture is in all three books and must be looked at carefully. The California is almost even with the Mustang on the trunk lid. There seems to be a connection between very early cars and higher script. Of note the sheetmetal date code on my right rear quarter is consistent with the rest of the cars sheetmetal and its January 2nd build date. The left quarter was replaced very poorly when I got the car and I replaced the entire left quarter in 1989. Found an old serviceable quarter in a junk yard.

The 3rd picture below is the inside of my right quarter panel. The holes for the higher script were not welded up and you can still see them.

It is amazing how many different locations there are on script. Even backward placements. Some due to repairs and some due to ???

Rob

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

The silver car on the left is definitely a clone, right down to the appropriate vin. I bought it that way many years ago thinking it was a legit GT/CS. My friend and I bought this car and a Royal Maroon GT/Cs Gt car out of Lethbridge Alberta in about 2003. I sold this car to take over the GT car.
Regretted after that I didn't use it to make a "Little Red", as it was a real decent car.

Is there any chance you still have the VIN for the car, or does Mike already have it tagged as a clone?

Northern Pony

Arlie;
Searched for the vin, but no longer have it. It will not be tagged as a clone as I believe it was gone from my possession before I joined this site. I was not familiar with Marti Reports back then, but I got a letter from Ford that confirmed it was no GT/CS.

BoB