• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Member of the month

Mustanglvr

Hey Jon,
How`s the new baby doing? Great I hope.
I have a suggestion for the site. How about the site having a special section for GT/CS or HCS member/owner of the month, with pictures and story about that person and car? I suppose that would be alot of extra work but I`m sure some of the members could collect the information and post it. Or we could submit our information and you could chose which one to use for that month.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Yes, I think that's been brought up before. It's a great suggestion and I don't mind setting it up. I just want to be sure we have enough interest.

I see "featured rides" sections on some sites that get stale and have the same car for months on end. If we're going to do it I'd like to do it right.

What I'd like is to get at least 4 cars set up in advance. That way if there's a slow month we already have a car set for that month. It will also give me a sense of how many people would be interested. It's one thing to say it's a great idea, but it's another to actually take the time to type up your info and gather photos to submit.

Mosesatm

It looks like some criteria or process should be established before we end up with a free-for-all.

Should we choose 10 at a time so we have that out of the way or do we have a monthly discussion? Should we nominate and vote or should it be some set criteria? For example are we looking for people with a large number of posts per month, or those who have been on the site the longest, or something more subjective like who is the most helpful or knowledgable?

Should we make it more about that the car than the person, like the articles written about Casey's and Jason's cars? By doing that the person being profiled can sumbit as much or as little about himself or herself as is comfortable.

I'm just throwing out discussion ideas to see what sticks.

PFSlim

Another idea is that we submit our stuff, and Jon just pulls a person out and puts it on the site. That way, he is only pulling from those who have submitted.

Paul

OP
OP
Mustanglvr

Mustanglvr

PFSlim said:
Another idea is that we submit our stuff, and Jon just pulls a person out and puts it on the site. That way, he is only pulling from those who have submitted.

Paul

Yep, thats how I thought it would go. I think anybody, whether their car is concourse or a basket case is eligible and it should`nt matter how knowledgable they are or how many posts they have written. As long as they submitted their info and Jon can pull it out of a virtual hat. It would be nice if they were an active member, I spose.

390cs68rcode

Mustanglvr said:
Yep, thats how I thought it would go. I think anybody, whether their car is concourse or a basket case is eligible and it should`nt matter how knowledgable they are or how many posts they have written. As long as they submitted their info and Jon can pull it out of a virtual hat. It would be nice if they were an active member, I spose.

I completely agree.

joedls

gt bandit said:
Bring it on , I wanna see Joes Blown baby doinn busienss down the drag strip.

My GT/CS wouldn't stand a chance with David's 347 stroker. Now my convertible ???????

6t8-390gt

I like Paul's idea, let people submit a small piece on themselves and cars and Jon can pick one each month (or week) depending on response. That way it is more unbiased.

nfrntau

I think once a person/car is selected they should not be allowed to be re-selected for at least one year (maybe two). The members of this site have a a lot of fine cars to choose from should the members that have them wish to participate.
If the response falls in the future, drop it. It should not be left to Jon to encourage participation. (ie the same car for months at a time)

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Let's see how many submissions we get and then decide how to choose them. If we get enough I may set up a vote or something each month, but we're a small enough group that I'm sure everyone who wants to will get a chance to be the "Special of the Month".

So, let's see what you've got. Here's the form to send in photos and your info:
http://www.californiaspecial.com/featured_submit.htm