CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 04/09/2006, 08:32 PM   #1
joedls
My Car Details

eBay: 65-4-me

I'll get more pics up later, but I wanted to get a few up tonight. There were 8 GT/CS and High Country Bob's 428 HCS in attendance today. One of the 8 was a very nice S code GT/CS.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010103.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	209.8 KB
ID:	1572   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010104.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	1573   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010105.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	213.0 KB
ID:	1574  

Name:	P1010141.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	222.5 KB
ID:	1575   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010145.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	1576  

Joe

HP numbers are good and all, but they're like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make, if I can still kick your ass.
joedls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/09/2006, 09:13 PM   #2
Mustanglvr
My Car Details

Former GT/CS owner :(

Send a message via Yahoo to Mustanglvr
My Garage
Sure wish I coulda been there. Looks like alot of fun so far.

RHONDA
GT/CS FOREVER!
Mustanglvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/09/2006, 09:24 PM   #3
BroadwayBlue
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to BroadwayBlue
PICTURES!! YEAH!!!

I'm so jealous!!!

Rich

1968 Acapulco Blue GT/CS 289 * 1996 Red GT Convertible *
BroadwayBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/09/2006, 10:02 PM   #4
PNewitt

Thanks, Joe, for postingthe pics--and on the same day, yet!

How cool! And how impressive the cars are, too!!

Let's get a lot more cars ready for next year!!

Paul N.

p.s. the '07 GT/CS was spotted at the Long Beach Grand Prix on Sat, too--as a pace car!

California Makes it Happen--Again!!....at Knott's and Long Beach!
Old 04/10/2006, 03:33 AM   #5
Diesel Donna
My Car Details

Take that pony for a ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNewitt
Thanks, Joe, for postingthe pics--and on the same day, yet!

How cool! And how impressive the cars are, too!!

Let's get a lot more cars ready for next year!!

Paul N.

p.s. the '07 GT/CS was spotted at the Long Beach Grand Prix on Sat, too--as a pace car!

California Makes it Happen--Again!!....at Knott's and Long Beach!

We all ambushed a lady who came in with a Brittany Blue, white vinyl top CS (with a 390) and she had been at the Long Beach Grand Prix the day before and got to go around the track with a lady race driver in the new GTCS! She showed us a picture of her in it and we asked her to post it here. Jon spoke with her also. She said they were making a commercial with her car and the new CS and that it was suppose to have aired on Sunday! I believe her name was Cheryl, I should have gotten her phone number. Let's hope she visits the website and clues us in more.

~~~~Donna

My GT/CS was my first car, still have it 44 years later. Paid $800. Featured in the May 1998 issue of Mustang Illustrated.
70 Cadillac S&S Ambulance, 70 Toyota Land Cruiser
Diesel Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/10/2006, 04:01 AM   #6
Diesel Donna
My Car Details

Thumbs up

Yes, Joe thanks for posting the pictures last night! I had a great time and I SO enjoyed meeting Joe and his bro Edward, hicountrybob, CALIF GIRL,Jon Hanna,Luis (with the gold CS), Stan and Lisa (tworings) , Mr. and Mrs. hcsstang,I hope I didn't forget anyone.It was a pleasure to meet their family members who unfailingly showed their support of our obsession. Met some new folks with CS's, some registered and some not. I'll be getting info on a man I met who has not registered his car yet.

Other peeps who attended were Hoop69Mach1 and Mustanger.

WOW! What a fun weekend!

~~~~Donna

My GT/CS was my first car, still have it 44 years later. Paid $800. Featured in the May 1998 issue of Mustang Illustrated.
Old 04/10/2006, 09:28 AM   #7
Mustanger

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Donna
Yes, Joe thanks for posting the pictures last night! I had a great time and I SO enjoyed meeting Joe and his bro Edward, hicountrybob, CALIF GIRL,Jon Hanna,Luis (with the gold CS), Stan and Lisa (tworings) , Mr. and Mrs. hcsstang,I hope I didn't forget anyone.It was a pleasure to meet their family members who unfailingly showed their support of our obsession. Met some new folks with CS's, some registered and some not. I'll be getting info on a man I met who has not registered his car yet.

Other peeps who attended were Hoop69Mach1 and Mustanger.

WOW! What a fun weekend!

~~~~Donna
Hey Donna,

Thanks for the "honorable" mention ... yeah, maybe next time I'll be able to join you fine folks for a longer time, and maybe for some of the other activities (eg, dinner at ClaimJumper's, etc).

It truly was a beautiful day, and I finally had a chance to put a face to some of the names, which was really cool. Donna, Jon, Bob, Luis, Marty, and others (sorry I can't remember all the names), you were all great and I hope to see you all again.

Paul: We all missed you, and we all hope that next time you'll be able to hang out with us and burn some rubber!
Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/10/2006, 09:52 AM   #8
PFSlim
My Car Details

eBay: calspec68

My Garage
So, who's cars are in the pictures?? Who brought cars and who just came. Need more of the story!!!!

Paul

GT/CS sold to "PonyGal" for trip back home to California
1965 AC Cobra Replica - 390FE - Black on Black charcoal stripes - "The Black Pearl"
PFSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/10/2006, 10:07 AM   #9
joedls
My Car Details

5 of us drove in together. The first 2 pics were of us waiting in line. If you look really closely you can see parts of all 5 cars. Diesel Donna, High Country Bob, Calif Girl, Luis, and me. The 3rd pic is of Luis' "Bone Stock" GT/CS. This car sounds like thunder when started and revved. The last 2 pics are of cars belonging to Calif Girl, me, and Diesel Donna.

Joe

HP numbers are good and all, but they're like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make, if I can still kick your ass.
Old 04/10/2006, 11:23 AM   #10
PFSlim
My Car Details

eBay: calspec68

My Garage
Thanks Joe. Cars look great. It had to be a blast to get them together. Look forward to more pictures when you can post them.

Paul

GT/CS sold to "PonyGal" for trip back home to California
1965 AC Cobra Replica - 390FE - Black on Black charcoal stripes - "The Black Pearl"
PFSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/10/2006, 03:51 PM   #11
Joes68

Great pics Joe,
Sorry we missed you all. I was called to work for a Sun shift and couldn't escape. Looks like you had fun meeting each other and seeing everyone's cars. Hopefully I'll have the chance again soon. Sorry again that I missed you all.
Ron
Joes68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/10/2006, 05:23 PM   #12
Diesel Donna
My Car Details

Smokin' Joe!

Ummmm Joe are you forgetting something? Oh folks he is so modest, he also brought his killer 65 convertible. When we left the show we went to a large vacant parking lot to take some photos and SOMEBODY got a little bored while waiting for the CS's to arrive and started burning brodies in the parking lot. My friend Tim brought his 66 GT350 convertible, (red and white also) and they both turned and burned!

~~~~Donna

Old 04/10/2006, 06:06 PM   #13
joedls
My Car Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Donna
Ummmm Joe are you forgetting something? Oh folks he is so modest, he also brought his killer 65 convertible. When we left the show we went to a large vacant parking lot to take some photos and SOMEBODY got a little bored while waiting for the CS's to arrive and started burning brodies in the parking lot. My friend Tim brought his 66 GT350 convertible, (red and white also) and they both turned and burned!

~~~~Donna
That was definitely fun. My sister-in-law was in the car with me and when I stopped she had to go in the Starbucks to the bathroom. Here is a pic of my convertible and Tim's with some CSs.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P1010146.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	213.1 KB
ID:	1590  

Joe

Old 04/10/2006, 06:49 PM   #14
68gt390
My Car Details

The car that became a diecast

Joe;
Very nice photo's. I like the shot of Luis' car - I think seeing that photo may have just solved my hood clearance problem if my Victor FE manifold doesn't give me enough clearance to close my stock hood. I like the looks of that hood.

Luis - is that a 2.5" cowl or 3" cowl and if you don't mind telling me where you got it I would appreciate it. Very nice.

Don

68 GT/CS 390 "S" Code, 4 spd, 93 LX Hatchback Supercharged
68gt390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/10/2006, 06:50 PM   #15
Mustanglvr
My Car Details

Former GT/CS owner :(

Send a message via Yahoo to Mustanglvr
My Garage
I really liked that hood too. It looks very cool.

RHONDA
GT/CS FOREVER!
Mustanglvr is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions