CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 08/21/2006, 03:06 PM   #1
CJ

Another Car Show Winner for 2009

Nor-Cal Bar-B-Q - More Pictures

A special thanks to Mike and Robinette along with our GT/CS godfather, Paul Newitt for making this a truly “California Special” gathering nestled in the beautiful mountains of California gold country. The only time one would have seen this many GT/CS’s would have been coming off of the production line. Needless to say there was an abundance of good food and really neat folks, some of who traveled a considerable distance. A special thanks to you folks. It was really great to put a face with the names from www.californiaspecial.com. I hope everyone made his or her trip home safely. Here are some random pictures I took at the gathering. Enjoy!

Claude & Beth Sprinkel

IMG]http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e286/GTCS/P8200097.jpg[/IMG]

CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/21/2006, 11:27 PM   #2
Diesel Donna
My Car Details

Take that pony for a ride!

Great pictures CJ!!!!

My GT/CS was my first car, still have it 44 years later. Paid $800. Featured in the May 1998 issue of Mustang Illustrated.
70 Cadillac S&S Ambulance, 70 Toyota Land Cruiser
Diesel Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/24/2006, 04:15 PM   #3
Midnight Special
My Car Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Donna
Great pictures CJ!!!!

BIG DITTO Claude!

You captured the true comaradery present at this historic event!
One good turn deserves another, however... ;-) It was really nice meeting you and Beth there too!

P.S. I won't say anything, but I'll bet it was your fault that the site went down! I was in the middle of viewing your thread when it quit! ;-)
"good time" overload!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IM001685.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	2534  

Last edited by Midnight Special; 08/24/2006 at 04:41 PM..

Tim
Midnight Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/24/2006, 04:24 PM   #4
PNewitt

Certainly some "candid" shots, Claude. You must be a professional photog on the side, right? You did catch that great linup of the cars.

You caught me in a "too-serious" moment..

Poor Al....It looks like I'm gristling or something at him...while "wrestling" my tripod. Yikes!

No, no, I'm really a happy guy!

:-) :-)

Paul.
Old 08/24/2006, 05:48 PM   #5
mmarsalone

Paul,

Are any of the group shots going to make it into the new book? I think we could get a handful of cars together for a Midwest gathering and get you a group shot from us. How about it PFSLIM(Paul S.), BBeaty(Brian B), Perchiko(Steve), and any other Midwest CSs? We could meet in Jeff City, seems like a good middle place for at least the four of us.

Then there's a loty of CSs in the Houston area too, a Lone Star gathering?

Last edited by mmarsalone; 08/24/2006 at 06:10 PM..

Previously Monkey Golf

MIKE
mmarsalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/25/2006, 04:17 PM   #6
nfrntau
My Car Details

My Garage
I really enjoyed the group photo with the ladder. That's me to a tee. What a great time y'all had.

You may make it without friends; but with them, you can do anything.
nfrntau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/25/2006, 07:01 PM   #7
Mustang68Mx

Great! really nice pics, looks like lots of fun back there... I'm glad that you have that kind of "friendship". Congratulations to all you.

Ahh and BTW Great GT/CS Pres. Blue with Gold Stripes... the Wim White with red stripes... omg All of the cars .. lots of great looking cars... again... congratulations!
Mustang68Mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/25/2006, 11:53 PM   #8
PNewitt

One thing I got from the event was that this may lead to more parties, get togethers, etc., not only with the No. Calif. group, but in So. Calif, and other spots across the country. This is why I (tongue in cheek) suggested a cross-country GT/CS BBQ Tour for 2008!!

Who knows what will happen?? I'm all for it. We owe Mike and Robinette (and Tim!) a lot of graditude for beginning this idea.

Maybe the No. Calif group could meet up with the So. Cal folks somewhere "halfway" down the state. One idea was Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.

Sure! Do a get together--and I'll include the pics in the new book, under the chapter about the registry--and ownership today. That would be very cool!

Thanks!

Paul N.
Old 08/26/2006, 07:29 AM   #9
Mustanglvr
My Car Details

Former GT/CS owner :(

Send a message via Yahoo to Mustanglvr
My Garage
Great pics everybody! Looks like a good day was had by all and it sounds like it was`nt without a little excitement. Hope to meet up with you all someday! Beautiful cars and very friendly looking people!

RHONDA
GT/CS FOREVER!
Mustanglvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/26/2006, 08:20 AM   #10
case12

'66 Convert., '00 GT Convert., '36 Ford, '07 Shelby GT-H Convt.

eBay: case12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsalone
Paul,

Are any of the group shots going to make it into the new book? I think we could get a handful of cars together for a Midwest gathering and get you a group shot from us. How about it PFSLIM(Paul S.), BBeaty(Brian B), Perchiko(Steve), and any other Midwest CSs? We could meet in Jeff City, seems like a good middle place for at least the four of us.

I would like a midwest gathering (nothing like the volume in No. Cal though). How far is Jeff City (I dont know where that is) from Chicago? I would be trailering my car. Thx, Casey

1968 GT/CS on cover and featured article, "Gold Rush", in Mustang Times, February 2006
1966 Convertible featured article, "Sweet '66' ", in Mustang Times, January 2008
case12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/26/2006, 07:49 PM   #11
mmarsalone

Casey,

Jeff City is about 1.5 to 2 hours from St. Louis. It's kind of in he mddle of Missouri.

Previously Monkey Golf

MIKE
mmarsalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/26/2006, 08:38 PM   #12
BroadwayBlue
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to BroadwayBlue
Great pics! Looks like a great time was had by all. Makes me a little disappointed I'm not closer.

That ladder rig looked a little scary! Was it just a pole holding up the ladder?

Rich

1968 Acapulco Blue GT/CS 289 * 1996 Red GT Convertible *
BroadwayBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/26/2006, 09:25 PM   #13
Mustanglvr
My Car Details

Former GT/CS owner :(

Send a message via Yahoo to Mustanglvr
My Garage
Could someone try to name the people in the photos? I can`t tell who`s who.

RHONDA
GT/CS FOREVER!
Mustanglvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/27/2006, 09:54 AM   #14
PFSlim
My Car Details

eBay: calspec68

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsalone
Paul,

Mike

We should try to get together. I am trailering my car to NE Missouri on Sept 9th weekend for a car show at my hometown. Town is called Edina, MO. Otherwise, it would be good to get together in the middle of the state!!

Paul

GT/CS sold to "PonyGal" for trip back home to California
1965 AC Cobra Replica - 390FE - Black on Black charcoal stripes - "The Black Pearl"
PFSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/27/2006, 09:25 PM   #15
Diesel Donna
My Car Details

Take that pony for a ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by case12
I would like a midwest gathering (nothing like the volume in No. Cal though). How far is Jeff City (I dont know where that is) from Chicago? I would be trailering my car. Thx, Casey

Isn't it Jefferson City? Maybe that's why Casey can't find it...using the nickname instead of the full name....?

My GT/CS was my first car, still have it 44 years later. Paid $800. Featured in the May 1998 issue of Mustang Illustrated.
70 Cadillac S&S Ambulance, 70 Toyota Land Cruiser
Diesel Donna is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions