• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Tool kit for trunk

tworings

We'd like to put together an "emergency" tool kit to carry in the trunk of the CS. So I thought I'd ask all you experts what tools do you/would you carry with you? (yes Donna - fire extingusher is on the list. LOL) ~Lisa

Midnight Special

tworings said:
We'd like to put together an "emergency" tool kit to carry in the trunk of the CS. So I thought I'd ask all you experts what tools do you/would you carry with you? (yes Donna - fire extingusher is on the list. LOL) ~Lisa

I carry a basic (cheap) socket, open-end wrench, pliers, screwdriver set. Flashlight, spare hoses, belts, fuel line, vacuum line and plugs... A bottle each of brake fluid, power steering fluid, coolant, oil and ATF. A can of aerosol fix-a-flat and extra rags & towels for spot polishing...

The fire extiguisher rides up front...

Last edited:

Mosesatm

No universal fix-it.......duct tape?

Fuses are a good thing to keep in the glove box

Diesel Donna

Oh yes! I carry that 200 mph tape in all my vehicles too. I used to always carry a wire hanger so when my exhaust pipes got knocked off ( from driving where I shouldn't oughta be) I could strap 'em back up!

Midnight Special

Mosesatm said:
The hanger makes a great door unlocker too.

...Yeah, but if it's kept in the trunk??? ;-))

Oh wait - I get it! All Donna would have to do is un-wire her exhaust pipes & use that to unlock the door!

A "DeeDee Hide-a-key" ;-)

Last edited:

Mosesatm

Midnight Special said:
There can also be a universal "fuse" kit - roll of tinfoil ;-)

Hence the fire extinguisher being kept up front!!!

P

PNewitt

Hi Lisa,

Usually just the experience of driving around dictates what you end up carrying....I once took an extra water pump, belts and P/S hoses on a trip from Vegas to Sacramento--on the back road--US 395, when you see a car about once an hour on the road (and I didn't have to use them)

I used to carry all my tools in an old, surplus ammo box, with the clamp-type top. You can get these in various sizes. If you got one, you could paint it yellow (or chrome it), and put a black scoop type GT/CS stripe on the side.

That would look kinda trick when you have to get something out, to fix something (a page from the street rodder way of doing neat things to cars).

These boxes lay on their sides, on top of the gas tank, or if it's a small one, you can wedge it under the spare tire.

But, then again some folks' only "tool" is a cell phone and AAA's number.

Paul N.

J_Speegle

Suggest you throw in a first aid kit also. Commercial kits are available as a start.

Midnight Special

Lisa, believe it or not, an old leather purse will work good as an emergency tool kit... It won't slide around & ding up the inside of your trunk like a tool box can. Add battery jumper cables as well...

p51

tworings said:
My triple-A card, a cell phone, and a six pack of beer... :grin:

hookedtrout

p51 said:
My triple-A card, a cell phone, and a six pack of beer... :grin:

Sounds like the plan I'll follow.

P.S. p51, I saw a P51 Mustang wrapped up in a pile on the highway just South of my house Thursday, what a sad sight.

Cory