• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

honalulu ford gt/cs?

redonred

The gt/cs i recently purchased has a bill of sale from the original owner stating it was bought at honalulu ford, even the original owners manual has it handwritten in in what has to be 40 year old ink. I guess the question is how would i go about confirming this, or seeing if the car was sold from that dealer or brought over to the dealer to make the sale so to speak. Kinda figuring it may be the only one sold there but you never know.

gtcs1

The gt/cs i recently purchased has a bill of sale from the original owner stating it was bought at honalulu ford, even the original owners manual has it handwritten in in what has to be 40 year old ink. I guess the question is how would i go about confirming this, or seeing if the car was sold from that dealer or brought over to the dealer to make the sale so to speak. Kinda figuring it may be the only one sold there but you never know.

Order yourself a Marti report, you'll get all the details on your car; model, options, dealer and date of build.

http://www.martiauto.com/

OP
OP
R

redonred

i have a marti report but it is a basic report the dealer listed is 721200, also the vin on the car is 8r01c143535, as i said i have bills of sale back to the original owner, and the manual with the faded ink would tend to agree it was sold in honalulu.

gtcs1

i have a marti report but it is a basic report the dealer listed is 721200, also the vin on the car is 8r01c143535, as i said i have bills of sale back to the original owner, and the manual with the faded ink would tend to agree it was sold in honalulu.

You will need the deluxe report as a minimum to see the dealer details; name, address, dealer number (you got on the basic report) and actual date of sale.

You could check also this thread; http://www.californiaspecial.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3199

it contains Marti reports of members, which if you were lucky, there may be one with that vendor number.

John McGilvary

CS's shipped to Honalulu were shipped threw Seattle ( dso 74 ) or
LA ( dso 71 ) as far as I know. What is the dso # on your data plate ?

Hope this helps,
John

If you get an Elite Marti, the window sticker will tell you the name of the dealer.

Mosesatm

There are at least 2 other Hawaii cars owned by posters on this site.

clubpro

Dealer #721200 is Honolulu Ford. My car 8R01S153224 is from the same dealership. Does your car have the heater delete option? Most of the Hawaii cars were ordered with the heater delete and they received a $35 rebate for not ordering the heater.

The DSO on my car is 72 - San Jose ordering district. Don't bother going over to Hawaii to try and find out any information on your car. I spent a week in Honolulu and all I came back with was a bad sun burn and some plastic license plate frames. The people at the dealership just laughed when I asked if they had any old records with info on my car. I did have a nice dinner with the local Shelby club and they are great people.

Have fun with your car!

Ron

Bluestang

My car is also from DSO #721200. Honolulu Auto Center. It was sold in 5/14/1969. 8R01S154004. I think this dealer bought a number of GT/CS at once. I have heard that most were S- codes ? Is yours a S-code. Mine also has a heater delete. I would be interesting to see how many of these cars are still around and how close in series they are. Thanks , Kimball

OP
OP
R

redonred

thanks for the rapid replies i am a little bummed out that there isnt any more info to be had on these cars through the dealer. Yes my car was a heater delete car, did your car clubpro, or bluestang also have the dealer installed air? My car by the vin i stated earlier is a C code sadly but as stated in another thread that matching #'s block will be built as a 347 tunnel port. One more thing on the heater delete do you have pictures of the block off's and what is entailed with it my car was later moved to maine and the heater was installed.... so to bring her back to original i will need that info also clubpro do you have any spare license plate frames. LOL maybe save me a phone call

Last edited:

clubpro

redonred,

If you call Honolulu Ford and ask for the parts department and tell them you are restoring a car originally purchased from them and would like two license plate frames they will send you some at no charge. I don't have a picture of the heater block off on the control panel, but it is the same piece as the one with the heater controls. It just has a piece of black plastic attached to it to cover the openings. My camera is with my wife and she is in Texas for the next two weeks. Maybe Bluestang can send you a picture.

Ron

Bluestang

The heater control on my car is the same as stock, but has no grooves cut in the panel. So it is like an unfinished panel with no grooves to stick the levers through. Kimball

OP
OP
R

redonred

what about the underdash parts, not sure what should or should not be there. thanks for the reply clubpro and bluestang

rvrtrash

I'm a little late but still trying to catch up from being gone for a while. My car was a Hawaii car but the dealer was #1204, Castner Ford, which no longer exists. My VIN is 162112 and it came with heater and factory air. Just more info for you.

Steve